Multi DB vip blog issues

I've searched the forums and can't find anything on this.

I'm running wp multi-site 3.0.1, multi db plugin 3.0.2 with 256 config.
Installed and working with exception. The VIP blog declaration isn't working. I'm attempting to keep the main blog separate using the following....

add_db_server('global', 'dc1', 1, 1,'ip.add.re.ss','localhost', 'mynew_blogs_global', 'user_name', 'PaSsWorD!');
add_db_server('home', 'dc1', 1, 1,'ip.add.re.ss','localhost', 'mynew_blogs_home', 'user_name', 'PaSsWorD!');
add_db_server('home', 'dc1', 1, 1,'ip.add.re.ss','localhost', 'mynew_blogs_00', 'user_name', 'PaSsWorD!');

|
|
V
add_vip_blog(1, 'home');

In my main wp-config file I'm using 'mynew_blogs_global' for the dbase connection.
(Weird aside, I can use any of my dbase names in the wp-config and it connects)

I've noticed that the tables in my sub-blogs have the blog ID in their respective table names and the Main blog does not. ie:

wp_options (Main Blog inside dbase _global)
wp_2_options (1st Sub Blog inside dbase _c8)

This works fine but when I move the main blog to the dbase '_home', no dice.

I've manually moved all of the pertinent tables for the main blog from the dbase '_global' to the dbase '_home' and it wont connect.

I've manually changed the names of the tables for the main blog to reflect the blog id in the table names, no dice.

I CAN create new sub-blogs, and make them vip blogs and it works.

add_db_server('red', 'dc1', 1, 1,'ip.add.re.ss','localhost', 'mynew_blogs_red', 'user_name', 'PaSsWorD!');
add_db_server('blue', 'dc1', 1, 1,'ip.add.re.ss','localhost', 'mynew_blogs_blue', 'user_name', 'PaSsWorD!');

add_vip_blog(3, 'red');
add_vip_blog(4, 'blue');

I cannot figure out how to get the main blog running off of it's own dbase, instead of using global.

Perhaps a point in the right direction in the code?

Thanks in advance.