Multi-domain doesnt work

Hi,

I am trying to make multi-domain work. When I added the domain wordsdev.com, it is written it is okay. I triad to make a dummy subsite as trial http://trial.wordsdev.com. and I am getting the below both on the website and admin dashboard

404 Not Found

The server can not find the requested page:

trial.wordsdev.com/wp-admin/ (port 80)

Please forward this error screen to trial.wordsdev.com's WebMaster.

My A records in godaddy is as follows. I have both sunrise and dm_sunrise in public_html
Host Points to TTL
* 109.123.86.225 1 Hour
@ 109.123.86.225 1 Hour

Please let me know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Akasya

• Timothy Bowers

Looks to me like you don't have the domains wild card.

Its falling upon a cPanel page rather than your main WordPress site. If you set up the wildcard on that domain then I believe it will resolve all your issues.

If you are unsure how to do that then it would be best speaking with your provider/hosting company. They will be able to do this easily for you.

Let me know how you go.

Take care.

• akasya

Hi Timothy,

My general problem was that my Ip wasnt dedicated.The hosting people told me it was dedicated, and then they said things like external IP, internal IP, configuration, etc. When this is solved my domain mapping worked. Sorry for bothering for it.

Now I am trying to make multi-domain work. I just have a problem in the instructions.

"4. Upload sunrise.php to the /wp-content folder on your site – If you are using the domain mapping plugin, rename dm_sunrise.php to sunrise.php and upload it to the /wp-content folder on your site."

Okay I have one sunrise.php already from domain mapping plugin. There are two php files as sunrise.php and dm_sunrise.php in the multi-domain folder.

What shall I exactly do. I tried a few things but I had problem with domain mapping again, so changed it back. What does rename dm_sunrise to sunrise.php mean. Shall I just make the dm_sunrise.php>>sunrise.php and shall that be the only sunrise stuff in wp-content folder. Please advise.

Thanks

• Timothy Bowers

My general problem was that my Ip wasnt dedicated.The hosting people told me it was dedicated, and then they said things like external IP, internal IP, configuration, etc. When this is solved my domain mapping worked. Sorry for bothering for it.

Its no bother. :slight_smile:

Okay I have one sunrise.php already from domain mapping plugin. There are two php files as sunrise.php and dm_sunrise.php in the multi-domain folder.

Both plugins are similar but different, they both use sunrise.php and each has their own.

The instructions there which tell you to rename dm_sunrise.php that come with Multi Domains is because that contains code for both Domain Mapping and Multidomains.

So when using both plugins you must use the dm_sunrise.php file and rename that to sunrise.php. It will replace any other sunrise.php file there.

I hope this clarifies.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.