Multi Domain plugin isn't like a "classic" plugin

Hello,

You made an update of multidomain plugin, and told it becomes a normal plugin, just put in /plugins directory.
But, after did that, i had this error message :

Please copy the sunrise.php to /var/www/web/wp-content/sunrise.php and uncomment the SUNRISE setting in the /var/www/web/wp-config.php file.

I read also the forum, and i saw several problem with this plugin update, maybe you must change the install tutorial, and explain clearly what we need to do.

Have a nice day,

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello there

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

You need to do two things.

You have to copay a file - sunrise.php from /plugins/multi-domains/ to /wp-content/ folder.

Another thing is, you have to write a line in your wp-config.php:
    define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' );
    Put the file just before the line that says “That’s all, stop editing!”

Please let me know if it is helpful and feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Cherubin
    • Flash Drive

Hello Ashok,

I know that , because i used this plugin since several years, but in the new version 1.3 the team wrote that :

As of Multi-Domains version 1.3, it is no longer necessary to manually install the plugin in the mu-plugins folder. Woot! If you have an older version in that folder now, please remove it.
    It is also no longer necessary to manually update the sunrise.php file as that is now done automatically. :slight_smile:

So, i don't understand why i need to do a lot of thing manually in order to update my network...

• Eugene Manuilov
    • Syntax Hero

Hi @Cherubin

It is very strange problem... Why? Because this message appears only if PHP's check if sunrise.php file exists fails. In other words if the file exists, there shouldn't be such issue.

The reason of this issue could be wrong file permissions. Could you check whether your web server has read/write permissions for sunrise.php? If you don't know how to do it, then could you copy new version of sunrise.php file from the plugin folder to wp-content directory?

By the way do you use linux or windows server for your site?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.