Multi-Domain Selection Placement Problem

Greetings :slight_smile:

I have a strange problem with Multi Domains and the placement of the domain selection drop down.

At first I did not think the plugin installed correctly and I went over every aspect of installation and usage and finally found where the drop dpwn domain selection box was at ..... right below the language selection box ..... lol

I can probably fix this going though the code myself but that would not help anyone else how has a similar problem.

Anyone with a fix for this??

Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings David :slight_smile:

well sir I have gone forward in trying to figure this one out to no success.

I have stripped everything down and changed the theme to Twenty 11 just to be sure and still the domain selection placement is still where it was as I originally indicated .... lol

I was hoping to come at you with a fix myself saving valuable developer time - but I have not been able to accomplish this mission.

Here is a screen shot of Twenty 11 stripped and patiently wait to see what the developers come up with :slight_smile:

• Vladislav

Hi,

It's definitely not you, it's how the plugin injects the code into the registration form. Unfortunately, there isn't much choice in where we inject the markup as hooks are pretty sparse in that area (e.g. http://hitchhackerguide.com/2011/02/12/show_blog_form/). However, there are a couple of ways we can work around that, and I'd like to go over them and see what may work best for you.

First option is to provide a template tag (function), which you could use to insert the domain selection wherever you'd like on registration page. This would work well if you have a custom registration page, but wouldn't be a good solution if you're using a default one.

Next, we could still add the selection box to the old place, but use a bit of javascript to move it to another, more suitable position. This has the advantage of potentially working well with both default and custom registration pages, but the downside is javascript requirement. Of course, it would degrade gracefully and your new user could still select a domain, but in the old selection position.

• aecnu

Greetings VeBailovity :slight_smile:

sir with careful thought to not only my needs but the needs of the many - it would be my considered opinion that the Javascript solution is the best for the needs of the many - and negatively affect and inconvenience the fewest amount of people :slight_smile:

Considering that most Online Banking, Other Financial devices, and other entities require Javascript enabled - therefore thinking most will have it enabled reinforces my thinking that the Javascript solution you mentioned is by far the best choice for all :slight_smile:

Thank you for your time and considerable thought put not only into an answer - but a workable solution and other solution possibilities as well :slight_smile:

You can please some of the people all of the time, please all of the people some of the time, but one cannot please all of the people all of the time ..... lol

With all that said - BRING ON THE JAVASCRIPT! .... lol

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.