[Multi-Domains] Do i need Domain-Mapping, if i got Multi-Domains?

Hey, i would like to build a community network. User shall be logged in, in whole network, once they loggin in anywhere. Looks like both: Domain-Mapping & Multi-Domains do have options for this, right?

Do i need both for my project, or is one of them enough?

I prefere Multi-Domains. When i use Multi-Domains, i need to install Domain-Mapping aswell?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Free,

Both plugins: Multi-Domain and Domain Mapping have different purpose. If you only need to have Multi-Domain there is no need to install Domain Mapping.

If you plan to allow your users (or you need) to map domains in the future then you will need to install Domain Mapping. But if don’t have any plans like that you can skip it.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Free
    • Flash Drive

Don’t i map the Domains aswell, when i use Multi-Domain ? My users don’t need to map domains. Only me need to. I though Multi-Domain is working for domain-mapping aswell. Looks like, my definition auf domain mapping is wrong?

• Kasia Swiderska
      • Support nomad

Hello Free,

Don’t i map the Domains aswell, when i use Multi-Domain ?

No. Multi Domain allows you (and your users) to choose in which domain subsite will be created.

For example your main domain is: myawesomesite.com – so each new blog in Multisite will have url like that:

blog.myawesomesite.com, othername.myawesomesite.com and so on.

But you would also like to give option to have blogs under domain: verydifferentname.com, so they would be blog.verydifferentname.com, site.verydifferentname.com – and this is where MultiDomain comes in and allows for that.

Multi Domain doesn’t map domains. Mapping domain is when you have subsite under url othername.myawesomesite.com and you want to have it as mycoolwebsite.com – then you will use Domain Mapping.

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.