Multi domains domains plugin

Hi Wpmudev,
I have an MU site and would like to have multiple domains where sub site admins can still edit their own sites ( bc right now editing a site's url to a new parked domain doesn't allow admin access) . I've added the MU-domains plugin , following all extra instructions for the sunrise file and wp-config.
When new domains are added, I get the error "Couldn't resolve host .."

Everything for this in wp-config from define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true); matches perfectly except define('WP_DEBUG', false); shows just before it and there is no /**
*multisite
*/

Do I have to have a mapping plugin?

• aecnu

Greetings Annabelle,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

After reading your post a couple of times over trying to figure out what you are indeed trying to accomplish it appears to me that you have chosen the incorrect plugin for the task you really want to do which if i understand correctly is Domain Mapping which you would want to use the Domain Mapping plugin.

If this is the case you would in addition probably want to reverse what you have done with Multi Domains plugin.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Annabelle,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.