Multi domains: help wild card problems, Dns availability marked unavailable

G'day all,

I have a test site to learn plugin settings and configuration before I implement on my live site.

I have WP multi-site enabled, using pro-site, multi-domain and domain mapping plugins installed and activated.

I have 5 domains 1 is private and 4 public, I have parked the 4 public and added DNS A card records to each public domain

(*.domain.com.) 14400 and dedicated IP address.

Now I have the problem in Multi-Domain plugin it states that the 4 public domains wildcard DNS availability as (unavailable)

I had a bit of trouble with this but it seems to be resolving to sub-domain sites even though Unavailable?

Before adding the "wildcard A record" they where marked as available?

How do I get them to go available again?

Cheers :slight_smile:

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Gregg,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forum.

Could you please share me the domain name so that i can view all configured DNS records for a specified domain name?

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Gregg
    • New Recruit

@Vinod Dalvi

Thanks for the speedy response :slight_smile:
    I didn't realize the WPMU DEV Dashboard was capable of that. Brilliant concept!

[removed for security]

Also how do I mark as private so I dont get a heap of click throughs?

Cheers

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Gregg,

sorry for the delay, it looks like the support access has expired, could you re-grant access again so we can take a look.

Also, I have removed the site from your previous post for you, once you grant access we can see which site we have access to in our system :slight_smile:

Cheers

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Gregg,

sorry for the inconvenience here, but I see an invalid access token when I try support access. Unfortunately this does sometimes happen, if you could revoke access & then grant access again, this usually fixes this 95% of the time, we can then login & take a look.

Thanks

• Gregg
    • New Recruit

OK I am unsure what has happened here? I posted this thread on the 28th of October with wildcard DNS availability marked as unavailable.

I decided to look at other plugins and settings and not touch the multi domain plugin in fear of breaking it :slight_smile: I logged in last night and decided to have another go at fixing this and found a surprising outcome of events?

They are now all marked as available??? Does this mean it takes a week to propagate to available?

Cheers

• Gregg
    • New Recruit

@Jack Kitterhing,

Thanks for your response, They are still marked as available.

I think It may have taken longer due to the company the domains are registered with? maybe due to there system?

Anyway it all works as needed, they all direct to the correct places (with sub-domain attached)

Very pleased with the way everything works

Cheers
    Gregg

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.