Multi-Domains Plugin

Hi Guys,

Here’s one we think you’ll like (judging by requests on the recent survey) your very own WPMU DEV Multi Domain plugin.

It makes the process of adding extra domains to your site for you and your users to choose from incredibly easy, allows you to select whether they should be public (available to anyone) or private (super admins only), works perfectly with our existing domain mapping plugin and is completely cookie ready – so single sign on will work across domains.

And we’;re looking into building in Membership and Supporter features to it now too.

Of course, also it’s guaranteed to be supported, updated and work with the latest versions of WP, Multisite and BuddyPress.

So all in all, we think it’s pretty good :slight_smile:

But you know how you can make it better – have a play, let us know what you want / how you go and we’ll improve it based on that too!

Here it is again: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multi-domains

Cheers, James

• dronix
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey great plugin, having a bit of styling issues though. I currently have the ‘set up language at signup’ plugin activated, and when using the multi-domains plugin, the drop-down is moved right next to the plugin I first mentioned. However this is not the issue. When there is only one domain set to public, instead of keeping the default look, it still shows the drop-down with only that one domain.

Hope I didn’t tangle my words too much. Any insight is appreciated, thanks again for the plugin.

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

Welcome to WPMU DEV dronix :slight_smile:

Makes sense re: styling.

Can you grab the source for the form as it displays on your site (a link would be even better) Richard or Tammie might be able to give you some CSS you can add to your style.css to make it look nice.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member!

Cheers, James

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Adding this from the previous thread:

Had a thought. What about site specific plugins like the Google Analytics one? Shouldn;t there be an option to allow for additional top level domains?

I;m sure other plugins would have to be modified to allow for different top level domains. Not just GA.

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

same issue as dronix here. go checj it out here: http://zice.ro click on Inregistreaza-te can’t give the direct signup link as it changes due to anti-splog.

its not really an issue of styling I also think its about different plugins affecting the signup page…

Please have a look at this.

I also support the idea that when only one domain is available the dropdown should revert back to normal style.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@ovidiu: EDIT: Sorry saw it on second page.. you can easily just add the following CSS as shown in screenshot. Now, this I would say can be done with a .classname select call such as:

#setupform select{
    width: 40%;
    }

You could put that in the child theme. BUT it will change any select tag – so perhaps calling it by it’s id #language would be better. You can experiment with either but as you can see in screenshot I managed to get it looking better in my firefox test.

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

Thx tammie, I’ve done the same, am quite used to firebug.

What I actually meant was that there is no reason for hte language pick plugin to insert style into the html, lets leave that for stylesheets. besides that I would also need to increase font-size or so to make the domain drop down the same height as the language drop down.

AND the domain drop down, should not be at that position bt behind the username a user choses, have another look:

it should be right behind the box where the user enters his name, then comes a “.” then the domain drop down should follow :slight_smile:

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

it should be right behind the box where the user enters his name, then comes a “.” then the domain drop down should follow :slight_smile:

You are right, this is a bug due to an incompatibility with the anti-spam plugin. It will be fixed in the next version coming very soon.

Also, the idea of reverting back to normal style if only one domain is available in the dropdown is being implemented.

Thanks all for your feedback!

• drdave
    • The Crimson Coder

Ok so I am not currently using domain mapping plugin but might add it later once I get a dedicated domain. Currently my domain is on a shared host. Is this another one of them plugins I should avoid until I get a dedicated domain?

• Aaron
    • CTO

drdave, I would Highly recommend getting a dedicated IP for this (as well as domain mapping). It will make things much simpler.

This works exactly like the domain mapping plugin, with the exception that you need to create a wildcard A record.

Unlike domain mapping, you can’t get around the dedicated IP requirement by parking the domain, as parking will only cover the main domain, and not any non existing *.mydomain.com subdomains. cPanel does not seem to support this via their admin interface. It is however possible to manually edit your apache conf file and add them to the ServerAlias line in your virtualhost:

ServerAlias *.maindomain.tld multidomain.tld *.multidomain.tld multidomain2.tld *.multidomain2.tld

etc.

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Aphrodite, with the dedicated IP address, your endusers just point their A records at that IP address. If that’s a shared IP address, you have to set up DNS on the CPanel box to get the webserver to pay attention to that request.

Think of it like a US zip code. 28299 is the main office for the postal region based out of Charlotte. Anything addressed to that zip code gets delivered to the regional office up by the airport. My zip code is 28206. Anything that gets addressed to that zip code needs an address as well since there are thousands of addresses attached to that zip code.

• Aaron
    • CTO

RE: cPanel –

cPanel simpley edits the apache conf files for you to be user friendly. When you “park” a domain in cpanel it adds a line to your vitualhost:

ServerAlias parkeddomain.tld

So visiting it will load up your WP install for that virtualhost. This is fine for domain mapping technically speaking, though it would be a big hassle if users are mapping domains themselves, as then they’d have to get you to park them.

For this Multi-Domain plugin, you need a line like this so that every subdomain will go there:

ServerAlias parkeddomain.tld *.parkeddomain.tld

Unfortunately cPanel doesn’t have a way of doing that (unless you know something I don’t), so you will need to modify the conf files yourself (and beware cpanel overwriting that if you change anything in the future).

Either way, the easiest option will always be to simply get a dedicated IP (which is really best practice for a production WP multisite install) and make sure WP is installed on the default virtualhost for the IP.

• Aphrodite
    • The Reaper

Ok, what I didnt understood was the shared IP adress issue.

With the dedicated ip the operation is in fact simple (park/add wildcard) and I did not even considered the possibility to install a MS WP on a shared IP adress.

Ok understood now but no, at this moment I dont know the process on shared ip IF the user does not have access to DNS zone AND does not have acces to subdomain creation (for the wildcard).

But anyway, if the user hosting plan allows multiple parked domain AND subdomains creation the opération should be the same but the In A line MUST be added manually (or via API) into the dns zone BEFORE the *.domain.tld subdomain.

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

just wanted to try out hte new version but since I can’t find a change log for it I have no idea if the missing mu-plugins/multi-domain-files/signup.js is on purpose or a mistake. This file was part of the first version but the current download doesn’t include it.

• ricardo333
    • New Recruit

problems with the Domain Mapping.

I placed the files on the folders suggested, then I modify the wp-config, when I press the link Domain Mapping on the Super Admin I got this message:

Please edit your /compartido/web1009/www/wp-config.php and move the line define( ‘SUNRISE’, ‘on’ ); above the last require_once() in that file.

On the wp-Config I have the lines:

define ('WPLANG', '');

/**

* For developers: WordPress debugging mode.

* Change this to true to enable the display of notices during development.

* It is strongly recommended that plugin and theme developers use WP_DEBUG

* in their development environments.

*/

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

/**

* WordPress Multisite

*/

/* define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true); */

define('MULTISITE', true );

define('SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', false );

$base = '/';

define('DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'web1009.ingeniat.com' );

define('PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/' );

define('SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );

define('BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

/* WordPress MU Domain Mapping */

define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' );

/** Absolute path to the WordPress directory. */

if ( !defined('ABSPATH') )

define('ABSPATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/');

/** Sets up WordPress vars and included files. */

require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-settings.php');

?>

• jozwikjp
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Question: I already had the domain mapping 3.0 plugin and then install the Multi-Domain plugin..

I copied over the files however the sunrise file I did not actually copy over. I left the mapping 3 sunrise.php. Has anyone merged these two files to get them to work together. The problem I am having is when the users attempt to login to there Multi-Domain choice it keeps poping them back to the login screen. Assuming this is because of there cookie not getting set properly..

Any thought are appreciated.

Thank you

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

Welcome to WPMU DEV forums, jozwikjp!

There is a file called dm_sunrise.php in the Multi-Domain zip you downloaded. It contains the sunrise settings for Domain Mapping and Multi-Domain.

Rename it to sunrise.php and replace your existing one.

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

got a similar problem as jozwikjp.

logged in as the site-admin I created a test blog on the brand spanking new domain, which is parked and everythign is setup great, then visit the new blog and it doesn’t recognize me as logged in..

logging in keeps redirecting back to the login page.

plugin is installed accordingly to the instructions, double checked this jsut now.

BUT I have this code in my wp-config.php for a single sign-on bbpress integration:

/*manually inserted for bbpress integration*/<br />
    define( 'COOKIEHASH', mycookiehash...blanked...on...purpose' );<br />
    define( 'COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.zice.ro' );<br />
    define( 'SITECOOKIEPATH', '/' );<br />
    define( 'COOKIEPATH', '/' );

now the second parked domain is zice.md and I guess this is the reason the login doesn’t work.

I can’t take away these settings as it took me days to have a complete bbpress <=> wpmu integration. The integration runs so smoothly, its unbelievable, I’d hate to break that one now.

any suggestions? the new domain is private right now but if you wanna test it to analyze the cookies I could set it to public.

###edit###

found someone with the same problem: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-bbpress-integration-question-regarding-use-with-mutliple-domains?replies=2#post-1674519

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

ok, I am getting there. Now with the mod you suggested, I am able to log into the new domain and I stay logged in no matter if visiting a blog on the old or on the new domain bbpress also works fine BUT one still has to log in separately for each of the multiple domains I am using :slight_frown:

Isn’t there a way around this problem?

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

will give it a try.

I am using this plugin for the deep integration:

http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/bbpress-integration.1.0.zip

In its options I can chose the type of installation:

wordpress OR wpmu

depending on what I chose it tells me to add this to my wp-config.php:

define( 'COOKIEPATH', '/' ); or define( 'COOKIEHASH', '24de794dc5e3d2a97115e47aebc6cc9e' );

define( 'COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.zice.ro' );

define( 'SITECOOKIEPATH', '/' );

define( 'COOKIEPATH', '/' );

so for now I will try setting it to wordpress and only leave that one line on.

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

that didn’t work – neither for the bbpress integration nor the multi-domain. so I left, as you suggested, only this line: define( 'COOKIEHASH', '24de794dc5e3d2a97115e47aebc6cc9e' );

this seems to work. I can log in at my main blog, browse to any user blog on both domains and post in the forum, with a single login.

the drawback is that on the theme page (using the roll over themes plugin) the preview images aren’t displayed anymore on roll over and no matter what theme I chose for the new domain I added via the multi domain plugin all images in the theme are not displayed.

So there must be something wrong still…

I.e. here is an example: http://doaruntest.zice.md/ that blog is using the amazing grace theme and all images that are part of the theme are not being displayed…

the weird thign is that using firebug and hovering over the part where there was supposed to be a picture showing, I can see the picture in the link preview of firebug see screen shot: http://screencast.com/t/MGFlNDgwYjY

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

nope. I tried Chrome, FF, IE, Safari, emptied the whole browser cache a couple of times and it still looks broken as in the screenshot.

I am sure there is no cache involved so no idea whats happening. You really see the site as the theme is supposed to look like?

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

I have no idea how you did that, I canÄ’t see the pics and even tried an online proxy, see here: http://screencast.com/t/MjE4YWY3

But I figured it out :slight_smile: here was the culprit hiding in my .htaccess file:

# preventing hotlinking

#RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$

#RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://(.*)?zice.ro(/)?.*$ [NC]

#RewriteRule .*.(gif|jpe?g|png|bmp)$ [F,NC]

I have commented it out for now, any idea how to add a second allowed domain?

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

You can just duplicate the third line:

# preventing hotlinking

RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$

RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://(.*)?zice.ro(/)?.*$ [NC]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://(.*)?zice.md(/)?.*$ [NC]

RewriteRule .*.(gif|jpe?g|png|bmp)$ [F,NC]

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

thx, worked flawless.

great plugin :slight_smile:

btw. how does using this multi-domain plugin influence other plugins, i.e. what about google analytics? How do I connect the “extra” domains to the main domain? I am not really interested in separate stats, any other changes we need to make to accomodate this plugin?

i.e. what happens if a user creates coolblog.domain1.com is coolblog.domain2.com still available?

any other hints for us using this plugin?

• camaran.thomas
    • Flash Drive

when i install this plugin i have DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE for one option and i not have my current domain.

the wp-config i have:

define(‘DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE’, ‘mydomain’ );

but i cannot see mydomain in signup page but DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE only.

can you help me?

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

@ovidiu:

Google Analytics:

I have not tested any Google Analytics plugin with the Multi-Domains plugin.

But a plugin which follows the instructions provided by Google for cross domain tracking should work without issue.

http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55524

http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/tracking/gaTrackingSite.html#multipleDomains

I would setup a code similar to the following (not tested) as a mu plugin.

<?php<br />
    add_action('wp_footer', 'google_analytics');<br />
    add_action('admin_footer', 'google_analytics');<br />
    function google_analytics() {<br />
    $site_domain = DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE;<br />
    $blog_domain = get_option('siteurl');<br />
    if( preg_match( '/^' . $site_domain . '/', $blog_domain ) ) {<br />
    $DomainName = '.' . $site_domain;<br />
    } else {<br />
    $DomainName = 'none';<br />
    }<br />
    ?><br />
    <script type="text/javascript"><br />
    var _gaq = _gaq || [];<br />
    var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-12345-1");<br />
    pageTracker._setDomainName('<?php echo $DomainName; ?>');<br />
    pageTracker._setAllowLinker(true);<br />
    pageTracker._setAllowHash(false);<br />
    (function() {<br />
    var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;<br />
    ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';<br />
    (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(ga);<br />
    })();<br />
    </script><br />
    <?php<br />
    }<br />
    ?>

If a user creates coolblog.domain1.com:

coolblog.domain2.com is still available. The full domain names (coolblog.domain1.com not coolblog, e.g.) are written in each blog table in the database as a ‘site_url’ option, and in the global blogs table as separate blogs.

Other hint:

There are currently two domain status “public” and “private”, you can choose from the admin page. But there is another one which is currently hidden and not used: “restricted”. It will be available when the integration will be done with the membership and supporter plugins to allow special domains for paid members and supporters.

There is a filter called ‘md_show_restricted_domains’. And if you are comfortable doing custom coding, you can already use it. :slight_smile:

add_filter( 'md_show_restricted_domains', 'my_custom_function' );<br />
    function my_custom_function() {<br />
    if( premium_domain_allowed() ) {<br />
    return true;<br />
    } else {<br />
    return false;<br />
    }<br />
    }

If your function returns true, the “restricted” status will be available in the admin, and your premium users will be able to use it.

And one more hint: :slight_smile:

I don’t know if you noticed this thread: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/multi-subdomains-re-multi-domains-plugin.

The plugin allows the creation of “sub-subdomains” also (something it has not been designed for). Basically, it means you can have urls like this: blog1.subdomain1.domain.com, blog2.subdomain1.domain.com, blog1.subdomain2.domain.com, and so on.

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

@ulrich:

great, will give all that a read!

Btw. I guess its not overly complicated for the site-admin to move a blog to another subdomain, right? Probably just edit the blog’s tables/options?

I already have users asking me to move their blogs to the new domain :slight_smile: although from a SEO perspective I think it would be better to redirect the old blog to the new one I guess…

###edit###

Got a probably related problem here. my dashboard blog is called control. All of a sudden (I realized now) a second blog called contro. popped up. I’ve got the feeling its related to the multi domain plugin, see attachments and let me know if you have an idea. Btw. if I click on delete to delete that blog, it reidrects me back to my main domains back end !?

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

managed to delete that second weird control but doing so deletes the entry on my site-admin options page where I define the dashboard site. as son as I enter it there in the options again, it re-creates the control. blog :slight_frown:

I also noticed that all of a sudden my dashboard blog stopped redirecting to the back-end !? no idea what happened…

any clues where to start looking? where does that redirection originate anyway?

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

@ovidiu: You found a bug in the plugin. This should fix it, until we have a new version:

Line 691 in the file multi-domain.php, replace

$current_site->domain = $_POST['domain'];

by

if( !empty( $_POST['domain'] ) && $_GET['action'] == 'addblog' ) $current_site->domain = $_POST['domain'];

Let me know if it works for you.

@camaran.thomas: Please can you tell me the error message you get, or post a screenshot?

• honuware
    • Flash Drive

Weird redirect with extradomain.com . . .

1. WordPress MS is on maindomain.com

2. extradomain1.com, extradomain2.com, etc. are all setup with DNS and wildcards pointing to maindomain.com

3. Sites can be created on extradomains as needed and they work in this format: http://sitename.extradomain1.com

The weird redirect is when you just type http://extradomain1.com I expect to see http://maindomain.com, however, I see http://maindomain.com/wp-signup.php?new=extradomain1.com with extradomain1.com in the username field.

Is this normal? If so, I don’t like it.

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

@Ullrich:

seems to have worked.

What about this question?

Btw. I guess its not overly complicated for the site-admin to move a blog to another subdomain, right? Probably just edit the blog’s tables/options?

I already have users asking me to move their blogs to the new domain :slight_smile: although from a SEO perspective I think it would be better to redirect the old blog to the new one I guess…

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

A new version of the plugin is out: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multi-domains. It contains critical bug fixes (see changelog in the download).

I strongly recommend to upgrade.

@ovidiu: Yes, run the following sql queries (blog id 30, e.g.):

UPDATE wp_blogs
    SET domain = replace(domain, 'blog.domain1.com', 'blog.domain2.com')
    WHERE blog_id = 30;
    UPDATE wp_30_options
    SET option_value = replace(option_value, 'http://blog.domain1.com', 'http://blog.domain2.com')
    WHERE option_name = 'home' OR option_name = 'siteurl';

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

@honuware: no ETA yet

@qlof: Current blogs still use the main domain.

If you want to change the domain for a current blog, you will need to modify your database entries.

UPDATE wp_blogs

SET domain = replace(domain, 'blog.domain1.com', 'blog.domain2.com')

WHERE blog_id = 30;

UPDATE wp_30_options

SET option_value = replace(option_value, 'http://blog.domain1.com', 'http://blog.domain2.com')

WHERE option_name = 'home' OR option_name = 'siteurl';

UPDATE wp_30_posts

SET guid = replace(guid, 'blog.domain1.com', 'blog.domain2.com');

UPDATE wp_30_posts

SET post_content = replace(post_content, 'blog.domain1.com', 'blog.domain2.com');

UPDATE wp_30_postmeta

SET meta_value = replace(meta_value, 'blog.domain1.com', 'blog.domain2.com');

@ovidiu: I did not give you all these queries.

• dubya
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Using the bp community theme, the text area for the user to enter their sub domain, as well as the drop down of available domains, each take up a whole line.

Can someone advise on how to define the size of the fields so it can all be on one line?

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

@Ullrich:

sounds good. will do so. any thoughts on redirecting old links to new ones?

can anyone with good .htaccess redirection skills help out here?

I guess its doable to replace all blog.olddomain.com/whatever with blog.newdomain.com/whatever via a 301 .htaccess at least for 3 months till search engines have reindexed this specific blog.

• alberti
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I park each domain, then set the *. dns in cpanel. However, when I go into multi-site in the admin panel, I keep getting this error:

Warning! Wildcard DNS for stumps.me may not be configured correctly!

Unable to contact the random hostname (a563f0.stumps.me).

The name of the domain I’m trying to setup is stumps.me. But when I go to that page, it redirects me to the first website I installed with the plugin.

can anyone help here?

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

@Ullrich:

seems to have worked fine. the moved site is working fine on the new domain.

while changing I had this result:

UPDATE wp_blogs SET domain = replace( domain, 'sasha.zice.ro', 'sasha.zice.md' ) WHERE blog_id =4;# Affected rows: 1

UPDATE wp_4_options SET option_value = replace( option_value, 'http://sasha.zice.ro', 'http://sasha.zice.md' ) WHERE option_name = 'home' OR option_name = 'siteurl';# Affected rows: 2

UPDATE wp_4_posts SET guid = replace( guid, 'sasha.zice.ro', 'sasha.zice.md' ) ;# Affected rows: 128

UPDATE wp_4_posts SET post_content = replace( post_content, 'sasha.zice.ro', 'sasha.zice.md' ) ;# Affected rows: 10

UPDATE wp_4_postmeta SET meta_value = replace( meta_value, 'sasha.zice.ro', 'sasha.zice.md' ) ;# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

Just wondering about the last one: empty result? I guess there was nothing to change there?

I am also in need to replace the olddomain with newdomain throughout my entire DB as other plugins stored it too, i.e. a plugin that gives links for most popular posts is still advertising those posts with the old domain. I have temporarily solved this problem with the redirection you gave above but woudl still want to fix it permanently.

Until the THANKS button is introduced in these forums, I’ll give you a virtual THANKS for all your help.

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

You are welcome! :smiley:

An sql query which will replace the url throughout the entire db will not be safe, because plugins store content differently and doing a search/replace can corrupt some db entries (serialized entries e.g.).

A quick analysis of how the plugin stores its data would be necessary.

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

Here is the latest issue with this plugin though I admit I am only guessing.

I found a new blog was created this morning, weird thing is that the new blog is my new domain I bought when you guys gave us the multi-domain plugin.

And it belongs to one of my users.

how could this happen?

Besides that, what do I do? delete that blog? Remove the user? how can my second domain become a blog all of a sudden?

Please see all screen shots for the different problems :slight_frown:

Btw. I checked and the user is not a super admin so no clue what happened here…

I wasn't working on the site, the only thing I remember that could be related was running this script that drmike pointed me to, on the 10th but that is two days ago… http://www.studinski.dk/wpmu-cleanup.txt

• alberti

Hi

I use multi-domains-plugin, then face three problems.

1) One problem is Create domain from Multi-domain menu. Problem is wildcard DNS Warning. I attached jpg File "add_domains_problems.jpg". I try to delete 2nd and 3rd number domain then one message will be display "Domain was not found in the list", but listing will be display on screen.

2) My second problem is if i am "add site" then all domain not display in drop down.

I also attached jpg file "add_site_problems.jpg".

3) How i can use Common login to use all sites.

Thank's

• alberti

Hi

I use multi-domains-plugin, then face three problems.

1) One problem is Create domain from Multi-domain menu. Problem is wildcard DNS Warning. I attached jpg File "add_domains_problems.jpg". I try to delete 2nd and 3rd number domain then one message will be display "Domain was not found in the list", but listing will be display on screen.

2) My second problem is if i am "add site" then all domain not display in drop down.

I also attached jpg file "add_site_problems.jpg".

3) How i can use Common login to use all sites.

Thank's

• honuware
    • Flash Drive

@alberti

Set up the wildcards in cPanel before you add the domain. Click on subdomains and add it accordingly.

@ovidiu

I ran into the same problem as you when a new site is created it takes the form of:

http://addeddomain.com

rather than

http://newname.addeddomain.com

It did that when an existing user created a new site.

New Problem – – –

When a new user signs up and creates a site at signup, it created

http://newname.maindomain.com

rather than

http://newname.addeddomain.com

I installed 1.0.1 and it appears to create the sites correctly so I am going to use that until 1.0.2 is fixed since at this point creating the sites correctly is more important.

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

Welcome to WPMU DEV, jbosman. I am not sure what you mean by “easily uninstall”, but you can just remove the plugin files, remove sunrise.php (or edit it, if another plugin is using it). All the sites added with the multi-domains will still be served though.

• honuware
    • Flash Drive

Strange Behavior with 1.0.3

New blogs are created properly . . . thanks for the fix.

301 Redirect to main site works with http://otherdomain.com is entered in address bar . . . thanks for the fix.

New blogs are not accessible until activated. Nice touch, but there is a strange behavior when that happens with them or any attempt to access a site that does not exist that uses a subdomain.

http://otherdomain.com redirects to http://mainsite.com – perfect!!!

Sites with subdomains that do not exist go to the signup page with the site entered in the username field.

http://sitename.otherdomain.com redirects to http://mainsite.com/wp-signup.php?new=sitename.otherdomain.com

The nonexistent subdomain problem with with any domain main and other.

Another issue.

If someone is logged in and creates a new site the system will tell them they got it even if the sites exists. When they try to login they can’t. When they go to their original main site and log in and select “my sites” the new one they thought they got is not there.

New users signing up and requesting a new site at the same time as signup get told “Sorry, that site already exists!” Only works when new user requests a site. Not existing users requesting existing site.

I hope all that made sense.

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks for reporting issues.

Sites with subdomains that do not exist go to the signup page with the site entered in the username field.

Unless I am misunderstanding, this is the default behaviour of WordPress. It will take the site name (sitename.domain.com) from the url and generate a username by stripping dots (sitenamedomaincom).

• alberti

Hello,

I am seeking advise for the following:

When I login, I stay logged in at all the sub domains of the main domain.

Problem:

When I login at one main domain, I want to stay logged in with all the main domains and sub domains, not just the sub domains. Whats the solution for this – code wise or configuration wise.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Alberti

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

alberti, I don’t understand very well what you mean.

Actually, when you add multi domains, all of them should redirect to the main domain. When a user authenticates himself, he is authenticated on all the blogs where he has permissions.

What do you want to achieve?

• alberti

Hi

Default Theme Plugin is not working.

I had the “default theme” plugin installed. When I create a new blog the site is broken, only showing a blank screen. Until I log into the admin panel and pick a new theme. This plugin not working.

Thank you

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.