Multi Domains-Separate Install also?

Quick question, if I use Multi Domains on a network I run am I still able to have a separate Wordpress install using one of the added domains?

Would this affect it in any way? For example my network is say network1.com and I add a domain network2.com to the first network using multi domains and creating the wildcard subdomain.

Can I at the same time have network2.com set up as a separate wordpress install and successfully run sites there as well? or would it conflict?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Mike,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

if I use Multi Domains on a network I run am I still able to have a separate Wordpress install using one of the added domains?

Not out of the box. Read this : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/can-i-have-a-different-site-at-the-bare-domain-of-my-multi-domain

If you have added a domain to multi domain, you can use that as a separate site but on the same network. Just create a site and using domain mapping plugin, map it to the domain.

For example my network is say network1.com and I add a domain network2.com to the first network using multi domains and creating the wildcard subdomain.

Then you can create a site as xyz.network1(or2).com and map network2.com to it using Domain mapping.

Can I at the same time have network2.com set up as a separate wordpress install and successfully run sites there as well? or would it conflict?

As a separate install ? No, not recommended coz multi-domains work on wildcards and so does multisite. So if you run it separately, its gonna create a mess (a big one)

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.