I have three multisites, with many sub-sites (sub-domains) mapped to external domains using the domain mapping plugin. I want to combine all three sites into one site and use the multi-domain plugin to run three businesses. To preface my questions, let's say we have a main-site (main.com) for the multisite network and two sub-sites (biz1.main.com and biz2.main.com). Further, biz1.main.com is mapped to biz1.com and biz2.main.com is mapped to biz2.com. Questions:
1. When client creates a sub-site on biz1.com (client.biz1.com), is his sub-domain name client.biz1.com or client.biz1.main.com, or client.main.com?
2. Assuming the answer to #1 is client.biz1.com, can I still map client.biz1.com to domain client.com?
3. If I want to change a client site from biz1.com to biz2.com or to main.com, can that be done?
4. Does the multi-domains plugin change the nature of access to themes, plugins and user roles, etc. or are they still managed the same as under the network or site-by-site?
5. I use the Pro Sites plugin. Can it be used with different settings for each of the three businesses – main.com, biz1.com and biz2.com or is it limited to just the main network site (main.com) with settings recursive to the other two businesses?
6. Will the network plugins like global posts and global comments still bring content from biz1.com and biz2.com to the network site, main.com?
7. Will an SSL certificate (multi-domain) have any problems with the multi-domain plugin, as long as sites are created as https://domain.com or https://sub-domain.domain.com?
I know this is a lot. I just don't want to jump with major changes and not be happy at the other end.
Thanks so much!