Multi Location Site Suggestion

I have an existing website client that is expanding his business from a single location into many locations with plans for 100+ locations over the next few years. He wants his main site to include a directory of all locations, which is easy enough, however one feature that he is looking for I am stumped on.

He found a site that has the feature he is looking for and wants me to replicate it. So, I am hoping you all can offer some insight.

Essentially, in the directory where the business locations are listed he wants a map at the top of the page with pins to show where the locations are located. The example he provided used mapquest.

Here is the URL to the example he provided: http://www.massageenvy.com/regions/NM/Albuquerque.aspx

Is there a plugin that could replicate this type of function for the directory plugin?

Thanks,
Pat

• Patrick

Hey there @wlpdrpat

I hope you are having a great day!

There are actually oodles of themes & plugins that can help you get that done. I guess it all depends on whether you want to be tied to a particular theme with the functionality built-in, or if you are already using our Directory plugin (or another) and want to integrate the functionality into that.

If the latter, then you could use our very own Google Maps plugin to automatically add a map to all Directory listings. Then use the Google Maps shortcode to create a mashup of all locations on a single map like so:

[map overlay="true" query="post_type=directory_listing" width="100%" height="400px" show_posts="true" show_markers="true" zoom="10" show_images="false"]

Would that work for you?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.