Multi-site / Domain Mapping SSL support for apache / cpanel

This is one of those things that is probably pretty tough to tackle, but that I feel many may have a need for: multi-site support for SSL. While many carts help solve the issue, if the website doesn't use a cart, but instead has a secure form (bank, financial institution or other firm that takes an application and needs to do securely), it's hard to do so on multi-site. Most developers will probably opt to have to separate installs versus one in this case..... which makes sense sometimes, but forgoes the efficiency that mult-site brings us.

If there could be a way get a dedicated IP for each client site, install their ssl and then somehow tie that in with their domain mapped multi-site, life would be good. :slight_smile:

I realize there's a lot going on here, but figured I would throw the idea out even though this isn't the first time it has been talked about. I'm guessing there's a big need for this and if a solution came around, I would guess a lot of people might sign up for wpmudev solely for such a solution..... it could make a lot of people's lives much easier. :slight_smile: