Multi-Site Functionality & Features

Hello,
First I love the plugins, compatibility and features. Its overwhelming how much you have to offer. I have a few technical questions related to specific functions for the multi-site plugin.

What is the recommended “Registration Settings” for your network registration if you ONLY want registed/paying users to access the wordpress dashboard ie the new website they created. We are using the “Pay-to-blog” feature included along with domain mapping.
I noticed when you clicked “User accounts may be registered” this allows for a blog to be registered under the domain without paying. Via the page that says Gimme my free website.
When you have “Logged in users may register new sites” This forces them to login however we would want them to sign-up via the subscription

Is there any hooks/shortcodes/URLs that can supplement the current sign-up page? Lets say we want to use a table pricing display. Can I hook subscription level 1 into the button and subscription level 2 into the second table etc etc. Similar to the popup for wpmudev if you are not logged in as a member.

Lastly is it possible to add a “Setup-fee” or “one-time” charge to the subscription form? I understand that if you make the price 50/mo it will only display 50 at checkout. However lets say we wanted to do 100/signup fee and 50/mo recurring. Is this possible? Or make a 1 time charge that includes first month's payment then is billed recurring at xx/mo. rate.

Basically I’m looking for the most efficient way to direct a potential customer through these flow of actions. Customer view’s pricing table ---> Customer signs up via checkout ? Customer Makes payment (Setup fee $50 includes first month, then billed $25/mo at next months rate) ---> Customer registers a username/pw along with a temp URL for their website ---> Customers account is activated or pending review. After review, account is activated and mapped either with subdomain or actual domain.

Thanks!

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community and thank you for your questions.

I have a few technical questions related to specific functions for the multi-site plugin.

Could you please tell me regarding which multi-site plugin you are talking about?

What is the recommended “Registration Settings” for your network registration if you ONLY want registed/paying users to access the wordpress dashboard ie the new website they created. We are using the “Pay-to-blog” feature included along with domain mapping.

Use the option " Both sites and user accounts can be registered." along with enabling “Pay-to-blog” module of Pro Sites plugin.

Is there any hooks/shortcodes/URLs that can supplement the current sign-up page? Lets say we want to use a table pricing display. Can I hook subscription level 1 into the button and subscription level 2 into the second table etc etc. Similar to the popup for wpmudev if you are not logged in as a member.

Do you want to to customize the Subscription Selection interface provided by Pro Sites plugin as shown on the following page?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/#usage

Could you please share the sign up page URL from your site that you want to customize?

When creating a topic in the WPMU DEV forum, you should also select relevant site and plugins related to what you have created this topic or mention it in your question all the plugins that you are talking about so that we can better understand it and help you.

Please advise.

Kind Regards,
    VInod Dalvi

• Daniel

Hello Vlnod,
    Thanks for the prompt response. I apologize for not directing this into the correct category. This question should have been posted to the "Pro-Sites Plugin"

1. The pay to blog setting is correct, I will adjust both according.

2. I would like to create my own setup page and integrate the subscription settings into the website/checkout page or into table pricing. Is it possible to hook the subscription sign-up links into these pages specifically buttons?

3. Is it possible to charge an additional setup fee into the pro-sites modules/gateways? I have watches several of the videos and they are extremely helpful. However I was unaware if this functionality exists.

Look forward to your response.

• Ash

Hello @Daniel

I hope you are well today.

#2: This is not possible out of the box. You will need to customize the plugin file to have your own checkout page.

Also, if you need to customise this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ Please note that, no WPMU official staffs are allowed to work in the job board.

#3: Sorry, there is no way to charge for additional setup. Though, I am not quite clear about your requirement here. Would you please explain more?

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.