Multi Site Gateway Problem

Hiya,

I'm using marketpress with multi-site (but not activated network wide - only optional plugin).

when users activated marketpress thay can't use all payment gateways.( only Google Checkout (beta) and PayPal Express Checkout.)

What is the problem?

Thanks.

Note:I'm using latest version of wp and marketpress.

• pro120
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Is it possible that you network activated Marketpress made some changes to the allowed gateways and then network deactivated Marketpress? I'm not 100% on this but maybe Marketpress is still pulling settings from the network settings.

• sixdegrees

I was having the same problem . Just installed on multi-site but only activated on a single site. Was missing multiple gateway options. I took your suggestion and also activated it on the main mu site and all options are available there. I checked them all off and clicked save, but upon returning to the other site's store settings those other gateways(Authorize,net in particular) are not accessible still. What am I doing wrong?

• sixdegrees

That did it....works like a charm now! Thank you soooo much! I can't tell you the amazing difference after having tried and failed at getting WP-ecommerce to run on MU...WHAT A NIGHTMARE! This plug-in is like a dream in comparison!

• sixdegrees

hey guys...hope you can help. I went in and made that change to allow authorize.net and all was great for about 2 minutes. Now I am getting 503 errors and cannot access anything... coincidence? is there any manual edit I could make via ftp to any file to undo that to see if that is what is causing the issue? It has my entire MU install (all sites) down currently....using pSek for a host

• Aaron
    • CTO

I highly recommend not allowing authorize.net on multisite, as it requires a valid wildcard SSL certificate. My guess is one of your sites has it enabled as a gateway, so it's trying to redirect to https. Though I don't think that would take out your whole site, only the checkout pages of the blogs it is enabled and not in sandbox mode for.

The way to revert that would be deleting the 'mp_network_settings' key in your sitemeta table.

• sixdegrees

ok got back in to all....turned off authorize.net on main site, site I was trying to use it on and in network admin. All sees fine now. Is there a best practice for using Authorize.net on an individual site? I had never taken it out of sandbox mode either. Could have all been a server coincidence, but not sure I want to risk turning all back on to find out. Any thoughts? I have a client that uses this as their gateway. If I have to I will just tell them this is not compatible, but would like to know the right way to go about it if it is possible to use without breaking all of my other sites!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.