Multi-Site: I changed to a multi site, now it redirects to old domain

I changed my normal wordpress installation to multi site so that I could have support for multisite plugins here.

Previously I had a single wordpress installation. It also ran on a different domain. I changed the domain before I changed to multi-site. When I changed the domain, I used the wp-config.php overrides to change it (not within the wp-admin settings). Now out of no where when I upgraded to a multi site and ran the install, it is directing me to the old domain.

Any ideas?

P.S. I did make a backup of my installation if I need to do anything before the multi-site upgrade.

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Previously I had a single wordpress installation. It also ran on a different domain. I changed the domain before I changed to multi-site.

I am not sure why would you change the domain name before installing WordPress multisite ? I would simply create a new WordPress install and convert that to Multisite.

Is there any specific reason behind it ?

Now out of no where when I upgraded to a multi site and ran the install, it is directing me to the old domain.

Any ideas?

Did you change all the references to the old domain in the database as well ?

P.S. I did make a backup of my installation if I need to do anything before the multi-site upgrade.

If you want to, you can fall back and just create a new install for your WordPress multisite as if you are going to use a different domain, there is no point changing the domain unless you have done it for some specific reason.

late night bump :stuck_out_tongue:

Any staff online now?

Unfortunately bumping the threads will slow down the response time as it refreshes the timestamp on your thread :slight_smile: We try to answer the threads as soon as possible but sometimes it need a little bit of research before the response.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.