Multi-site limitations

Hi Support,

If possible, could you please let me know if their is a potential limitation in the number of usable sites from one database? i.e. Is a multi-site consisting of 30+ websites advisable.

Kind Regards,
Simon

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Simon

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

WordPress itself doesn't put any limits on this. The performance her would mostly depend on how well the setup is optimized (e.g. how many and how complex plugins are used, how complex themes are there, how many users and so on).

I'd say that around 30 sub-sites is not that many, though I'd rather avoid setting that up on any cheap shared hosting account, especially if it's going to be a live, production (especially your business) site and not just a "test ground".

But with a decent server you should be able to handle that easily, even with many more sites. If you're aiming for even bigger network in future I'd suggest going for some cloud based hosting that's scalable and that would let you handle hundreds of sites easily.

The bottom line is that it's mostly the matter of server performance and site optimization.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.