Multi site network Pro Site issues

Hi

Just testing the waters of a new multisite network. I have a few strange issues though.

1. Pro Site settings keep vanishing. I haven’t updated the network or installed any new plugins. I woke up this morning went in to make some changes and all the settings, except for the levels are gone!

I’m using an AWS instance with MySQL RDS. It has happened twice, once while I was editing the settings and the other I left it for the night.

2. Premium themes are not showing up for sites. I have an Upfront theme (Scribe) installed and currently Network Disabled. I selected a minimum level in Pro Sites under premium themes for that theme. However in a test site that has a level higher the theme does not appear in the sites list of available themes.

I do have the default WP themes installed and network activated and those appear fine.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Chris Burke,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

The plugins behavior you mentioned seems to be odd, I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

Just to be sure, could you please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), to rule out any plugin conflict.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let us know how that goes. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Chris Burke
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the reply

It seems to be stable for now since I added “define(‘PSTS_DISABLE_UPGRADE’, true);” to wp-config.php. I have granted support access to the site. It’s not live so you can tweak as required.

On another note I did see a potential issue with premium themes within Pro Sites as well. If I have a theme that I have set to be available for a website on or above a certain level. Then a site is created at the required level, it showed up fine. However, if I then later change the theme to require a higher level than when the site was created the theme still shows up. I presume this is to do with the serialised “psts_blog_allowed_themes” wp option not updating? This is minor though.

I only have WPMU plugins installed at the moment to avoid potential issues with other plugins.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Chris,

However, if I then later change the theme to require a higher level than when the site was created the theme still shows up. I presume this is to do with the serialised "psts_blog_allowed_themes" wp option not updating?

It tested this on your site and could not replicate this issue – when I changed required level to higher then in themes in admin dashboard of the test subsite it shows that "Platium" level is required.

I did the same test on my test site and result was also the same. Maybe I'm missing one step to replicate this issue? Please advise.

Also, I had an error from the Appointments+ plugin, which is the same as the one posted below:

Member there reported few errors but started with this one

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Google_Client::setLogger()

and I have information this was fixed in Appointments 1.7.2.1 and another bug with typo in code was fixed in 1.7.2.

Is there a chance it was another error – or very similar one?

When there is case like that there is no need to remove plugin – it can be disabled by change name of the plugin folder on FTP.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Chris Burke
    • Flash Drive

Hi, sorry for the late response, been busy on other projects.

I’m having an issue with Upfront and Pro Sites. They don’t appear to play nice together!

Apparently (from live support) you guys are aware of the issue. Can you please advise if there is a workaround for this?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Chris,

I checked bug report about this issue with Upfront and Pro Site singup page and developer confirmed bug and is fixing it now. So hopefully we will get new Upfront update with fix or patch for this issue.

I’m going to add your thread to the bug report so I will get updates on this case.

But at this moment there is no workaround :slight_frown:

kind regards,

Kasia

• OrbitWeb
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I have exactly the same problem, I checked with support and I was advised to use a default theme instead. :thinking: Obviously I don’t want to use a default theme, I want to use Parrot :rage: I looked around the wpmudev support blog, and found this post https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/prosites-registration-page-skewed-with-parrot-theme and even though this person has issues with the way it displays at least he can see something http://thepromall.com/pro, I get nothing but frustration :slight_frown:

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Rigoberto,

Thread you mentioned is from last year, when this bug with not showing pricing tables was not present. This is different issue there – that is why it works on the member site, but now with new version Upfront this bug occurred and pricing tables are not loading on this page, so fixing them with CSS is not possible.

Hopefully developer will soon release new version that will fix that bug.

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.