Multi Site Plugin Question

This plugin looks awesome as I have a new client who has a multi site. I have zero experience with multi site but need to setup test sites. This is the site: circles.com. The other sites are for France and Sweden. My worry is that this plugin will not work because they are on different domains completely. Does that matter or should the plugin work? I will lose the client if I break the site so wanted to check with you first. If you need access to be able to answer confidently just let me know.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi competenow,

My worry is that this plugin will not work because they are on different domains completely

Thanks for asking. Did you mean if this plugin can clone subsites across multiple networks? I'm afraid, it can't clone subsites over different network. Cloner will clone subsites *within* a single multisite network. But it can't clone a subsite from one multisite network to another multisite network.

However, you can try our Snapshot plugin for doing this. Snapshot won't clone your subsites, but you can take backup of a subsite from one network and restore that in another network.

As you said you can't afford to break the site in anyway, I'll suggest you to take a backup first from your source network and try to restore that on a test multisite network. If the restoring goes fine, then try in live sites. I'm saying this because we don't know what you are going to backup and what are the available resources on your source site and target site. And any backup plugin can fail at any point. That's why I suggested this.

Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.