multi site sign up

hello: Is there a way to eliminate someone from just subscribing to a site and just offering the ability to get a site? My register form allows both: http://buy-website-online.com/wp-signup.php. I am not sure of the value of having someone subscribe? I just want visitors to sign up to be bale to make a website on my multi site.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi randit,

A simplistic solution would be to hide the options on the signup form. It involves editing a core file, but I couldn't see another way to a do it apart from coding up a full registration replacement like the Membership plugin does.

For the simple solution I mentioned, you could edit wp-signup.php, replacing all the following from lines 264-268:

<input id="signupblog" type="radio" name="signup_for" value="blog" <?php echo $signup['blog'] ?> />
    <label class="checkbox" for="signupblog"><?php _e('Gimme a site!') ?></label>
    <br />
    <input id="signupuser" type="radio" name="signup_for" value="user" <?php echo $signup['user'] ?> />
    <label class="checkbox" for="signupuser"><?php _e('Just a username, please.') ?></label>

With something like this:
    <input id="signupblog" type="hidden" name="signup_for" value="blog"/>

It's not something we ourselves can support, as it involves altering a core file, but in my own testing I found that works sufficiently.

Perhaps others around here might have some ideas on this though. Anyone?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.