Multi-Site Stores Setup

Hello!

I have access to all of the WPMUDEV Plugins. I am trying to create a website where members will be able to sign up as either a Buyer or Seller.

The Buyer will be the free or default membership and they will have access to comment, and view shops on the network. The seller will be the paid membership and will be able to create their own shops using marketpress.

I am a little confused as to which plugins I am supposed to use to do this. I have MarketPress, Pro Sites, and Membership. Which would I use and is there a guide on how to set this up properly?

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@riley66

First off welcome to WPMU DEV :slight_smile:

What you would need for the sellers to create a site is prosites, with this they will have the ability to create the actual sites and you can restrict the themes / plugins etc that they have access to. You could use the pay to blog option in prosites to make sure that no blog would be created by a free member.

If you want them to use say a predefined template for example you could then use our new blog template to set up a store for them to customise etc. To do this you would create a site called template and then use that as the template for your stores.

As for membership integration then that would allow you to block the create a option for free members. However membership and Pro sites are only integrated when there is one paid prosites level which in your case would be ok. Membership is a very powerful plugin so please read the manual carefully it can be found on the plugins usage tab.

Also if you want your shop owners to be able to use their own domain name on their shops within your network then you would need to use our domain mapping plugin.

Have a read through the above and the manuals and usage tabs of the plugins menu. Its quite a big project but if you plan it well and understand what the different bits do before starting installation etc then nit will be a lot easier.

Hope this helps.,

Cheers!

Tom

• riley66
    • New Recruit

Thank you for the information. I've set up a site called Template however I do not see where to enable it as the template for all stores. Where can I do this? I've tried the Default Theme plugin but since it's a template and not a theme that doesn't work for me.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi!

Just checking in :slight_smile:

I'm guessing that because we haven't heard back from you that you've got your issue worked out via live chat or email, or that we have reached the end of our convo here. If you are still having problems or need any other answers on this particular topic please feel free to come back to this thread at anytime. Just be sure to mark it Not Resolved so we don't miss it!

This ticket is only being Resolved due to lack of activity. It is by no means an action to avoid, brush off or minimize your issue. We are ready and here if you want to re-open at any time and I apologize in advance for any lack of communication if this ticket is being closed in error.

Thanks for being part of the WPMU DEV Community!

Best,
    Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.