multi site sub directory urls

hello.

I have a main site with a few other sites with almost no traffic.

I want to install all my sites in your hosting plan.

i use a multisite with sub directories.

i am wondering how the urls will stay the same ..???

for example. one site (main) is iq-design.eu

the other will be iq-design.eu/test-1.

Now on that site i will put a domain Holistic-Life.com (for example)

How my urls will be the same like before i move the site???

holistic-life.com/index (for example)

Mapping a new domain as from your help i learn it is easy after WP 4.5

I will start with one site to see how it is working and if their is no problem with urls i will move all my sites on your hosting plan.

Thanks a lot.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Nicolas,

You will be able to have the same setup with the same URLs on our hosting as well.

What you will need to do after the migration to our hosting is to point the domains to our server.

So basically, this is how the process will look:

1. You would create a new site on our hosting that will have a temporary domain, for example iqdesign.wpmudev.host

2. After that, you can migrate your existing site to one on our server, you can use Shipper, Migration tool in our hosting panel, or if that fails you can request a manual migration for us to handle.

3. Once the migration is completed you will have a copy of your site on our hosting and the subsites URL will look like this iqdesign.wpmudev.host/site-1

4. At this point, it’s best to check the site on our hosting and make sure that all the data is there and that the sites are working fine.

5. When that is confirmed you can proceed with pointing your main domain first in order to replace the temporary domain (iqdesign.wpmudev.host) with your own domain.

You can find more information on how to do that here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/hosting/dns-and-domain-management/

6. Once the domain is pointed to our servers and set as primary domain you will have your subsites use that domain and look like this iq-design.eu/site-1

7. So the last thing to do would be to point the domains you want to map to your subsites by following step #5 above.

And that should be it, now you will have your top level domain load the site hosted with us and your subsites with mapped domains will use those as well.

Hope this helps and let us know if something is unclear or if you have any followup questions :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.