Multi-site subsite theme (DIVI) modifications

Hello and thank you for checking out my problem..

Updated to Wordpress 5.0 and have the most current DIVI theme applied. I can modify them theme options in the main site (schooladvice.net) with no problem but I cannot modify any theme options in any of the subsites (schooladvice.net/berlin). This is a major issue and I'm hoping the experts can help. I've granted access to the site just before writing this ticket.
Thank you

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Michael,

Hope you're doing well.

I had a look at your site and can see the issue is related to existing subsites only.
    I've created a temp subsite and checked Divi settings there and it worked fine, I had no issues saving my changes.

I can see in the console that there's 403 error regarding AJAX requests and I though that this might be a conflict with some plugin but since test site I created used the same plugins like existing subsite I tested I would rule this out.

I do see that your network update is not completely finished so I would suggest going to Dashboard > Upgrade Network and perform the update in there and hopefully that will be enough to sort this out.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Michael Hayes

Hi - thanks for you quick response. I saw you had created the new subsite and yes the mods worked perfectly on the new site.

I've upgraded the network as suggested, but I've done this several times already so I'm not sure why it appears as unfinished or not complete. Anyway the latest upgrade had no effect on the problem. Still can't update the existing sub-sites.

If you have any other ideas please feel free to try them out.

Michael

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Michael,

I checked a few other things on your installation, what I could from the WP admin, but I don't see any clear indications on what's causing the 403 error.

Can you check your folder permissions and see if everything is still in order there? This shouldn't be affected by the WordPress update but it's still worth checking it.

Did you make any other changes to your installation, like changing PHP version?

Do you perhaps have a staging site where you can try reverting WordPress to the previous version and see if that's what is causing the issue?

I would also suggest getting in touch with Divi support and ask them if they are aware of what could be causing that console error since it doesn't happen on any other settings page on your site.
    This is the error shown:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.