Multi-Site White Screen

Hi All: I am having some trouble activating multi-site. My problems started when I was messing around with the DB through phpmyadmin. I think I removed some files in error. After realizing what I may have done I created a back-up. Then I reinstalled Wordpress from scratch. Once installed I imported the old DB into the new one created.

Then I reactivated multi-site as I usually do. Suddenly I am getting the white screen of death on all login pages and some public pages. E.g. http://www.galearning.com/category/marketing-tips/

Any Ideas on a logical troubleshooting path?

Thx

Rob

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings :slight_smile:

I would have to be of the opinion that your mistake is the re-importing of the initial broken database which is in effect re-importing the problem.

If I were tackling this problem I would re-install WP and go forward from there not making the mistake of killing the DB messing with it.

In addition, it would be in your interest to backup your database more often for when SHTF :slight_smile:

Joe :slight_smile:

• Rob
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

For sure the lesson is to back up your data, my bad!

I know there are countless others who may also have made the same mistake. For those people I offer the solution that worked for me...

Here's how I resolved it:

1) Which data tables did you mess with? For me it was users
    2) Go to PHPMyAdmin, click "Custom" and export the bad database without user tables (see screenshot)
    3) Export Database
    4) Reinstall WP (create a new DB)
    5) Import DB you exported into new one

It may not be a good solution but it worked. No more White Screen of death and the site is healthy, once again :slight_smile:.

Thanks for your support WPMU!!

Rob

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.