Multi-site with custom domains

I have installed WPMU DEV Dashboard, Membership 2 Pro, Domain Mapping and Multi-Domains for Multisite plugins.

I am trying to run a multisite installation with 1 site pointed to ketoquest.com and another at jasonwittrock.com. I want to manage all users from the same Wordpress install hence why I figured the Multisite install was the correct choice. I also want single sign-on because paid members from either should be able to access paid content on either site. What I'm having trouble with is figuring out how to setup the domain mapping. There doesn't seem to be an interface that allows you to map site1 to ketoquest.com and site2 to jasonwittrock.com. Currently, I have the Domain Mapping plugin installed but there's no "Add" button on the Mapped Domains, just an empty list. In the Mult-Domains plugin I have both ketoquest.com and jasonwittrock.com listed. When I created the second site I had to use a subdomain of the primary site which is ketoquest.com. So the second site currently is jasonwittrock.ketoquest.com but I want it to respond to jasonwittrock.com.

Hope all that makes sense. This sure seems confusing...

Ken

• Ash

Hello Ken Jackson

I think you are a bit confused about multi domains vs domain mapping things.

Multi Domains help you to use multiple domains for the main site, not for any subsite. So if you main site abc.com, you can use multi domains to show the same site for xyz.com, gkw.com and so on.

Domain mapping is for subsite level. So if your main site is abc.com and your subsite is one.abc.com (or abc.com/one), then you can use domain mapping to show the one.abc.com for the domain wdp.com, for example.

So, do not use the same domain for domain mapping and multi domains, it will conflict.

Not to add a mapped domain, go to subsites dashboard > Tools > Domain mapping and add the domain from there. This has to be added on subsite level.

You can enable cross domain auto login from Network Admin > Dashboard > Settings > Domain mapping page.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.