Multi site with subfolder seo

I am running a multisite with subfolders. But i wanted to know if search engines see this as one big site or as all different sites?

I am using the domain mapping plugin from wpmudev as well does this make any difference too?

• fhi

HI and thank you very much for your answer.
      So if i am understanding this correct, google will give searchresults for the whole network when working without the domainmapping plugin.

And will see it as separate as domain mapping plugin is turned on?
      Correct right?

We have serveral subsites in a multisite enviorment but because of ranking we want to get indexed as one big site so we would get a bit more ranking via the root domain.

The thing is i dont know whats better, let it be indexed as one big site of as several individual sites that target a specific market.

Can you help me answer this question?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @fhi,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

So if i am understanding this correct, google will give searchresults for the whole network when working without the domainmapping plugin.

Yes, that's correct. :slight_smile:

And will see it as separate as domain mapping plugin is turned on?

Yes, you'll then be able to search for the domain you map and get relevant results only for that domain, rather than the whole network.

We have serveral subsites in a multisite enviorment but because of ranking we want to get indexed as one big site so we would get a bit more ranking via the root domain.

The thing is i dont know whats better, let it be indexed as one big site of as several individual sites that target a specific market.

Personally, I think it'd be better, getting ranked on each domain with the specific targets, you'll most likely get more organic traffic that way, as the content is more relevant.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.