Multi site...limit new blogs by content type

Hi,
I'm working on setting up Pro Sites and I'm wondering how to limit blog sign-ups by content type. For example: edublogs - education only. Mine is a garden site so we wouldn't want real estate blogs.
Thanks,
Catrina

• Catrina
    • Flash Drive

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for the idea, but it's not really what I'm looking for. I have Pro sites set up with levels for simple free blog, blog with added features and storage, simple store and full featured store. I didn't really intend to use a template. I want them to be able to have their sites different and have as many pages as they want. I have different themes available for the premium sites.

What I would like to do is limit the "content type" to garden and food blogs and stores. A community of the same type of sites. How can this be done. I'm hoping you will say that there is a way without manually approving and monitoring every blog.

Thanks,
    Catrina

• Ash
      • WordPress Hacker

Hi Catrina

If I say honestly, there is no way to do this! You can't control the topic that your user will use. Once an user registers a site, s/he can use any content type is that site. The only way is manually monitoring and approving. Also, once you approve the user can change his topic or content type anytime. So you can't really control it.

You must monitor manually every blog.

Cheers
      Ash

• Catrina
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash,
    I was afraid you would say that.
    So, if I do want to approve (at least what they say they are going to write about) then please confirm that this would be the process that I would use.
    Have a landing page that explains what I am trying to do.
    Have a contact form where they can give me their name, e-mail and what their blog will be about.
    Manually create a site for them.
    Then they will be able to upgrade as desired using pro sites.
    I would occasionally have to read their blog to see what they are writing about.
    Is this correct? Is there a better way? Am I missing any steps?
    Thanks,
    Catrina

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Catrina,

Thanks for posting back.

I'd say that will be a bad idea. What if your traffic grows significantly ? You will be investing a lot of hours in just manually doing stuff.

I'd rather recommend using https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/anti-splog/ which allows you to protect your site from Spam Blogs generally created by bots. It also allows you to archive a blog as and when you find it not suitable for your target audience.

Generally this kind of work of creating spam blogs is done by bots and the plugin will help keep a tab on that.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.