Multi-Social Login

Hiya

I downloaded the Facebook Ultimate Plugin and Social theme.

In addition to trying to integrate the two (not super hard) I am having trouble with the idea of making it so the user can login (and automatically create a buddypress account) with several social networks like G, Facebook, etc similiar to how Teamlab Login works.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey prowebpromo, welcome to the WPMU Dev Community!

I am having trouble with the idea of making it so the user can login (and automatically create a buddypress account) with several social networks like G, Facebook, etc similiar to how Teamlab Login works.

I'm not sure what the question is here, could you please elaborate further?

I think you are asking about options for plugins similar to our Ultimate Facebook?

If so then we do have this planned for 2012 :slight_smile:

http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/forums/148158-wpmu-dev-development-and-feature-requests/suggestions/2558579-twitter-integration-plugin

Take care.

• prowebpromo
    • New Recruit

Well I have ultimate facebook; I want to force them to login with facebook and remove any redirects to the login page or username/password pages (ie theycan ONLY click loging from facebook) but I'd like them to be able to use different services than just facebook connect. But still never let them directly enter their buddypress username/password only using a service like facebook connect.

if you try to loging to teamab.com they let you login with facebook, google, and 3 others... id like that many

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

You can certainly force them to register with Facebook:

Admin --> Network Admin --> Ultimate Facebook --> Facebook Settings

Then under the Facebook Connect accordion.

wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=wdfb

See screenshot. :slight_smile:

We don't yet offer an ultimate for those other services. As I mentioned Twitter is planned.

You can make a feature request here:

http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/forums/148158-wpmu-dev-development-and-feature-requests

The more popular the request, the more likely it will be developed. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• prowebpromo
    • New Recruit

I have already activated this though I do have two questions.

The first is how hard is it to add these other services (I'd prefer gool and also twitter... ).

The second is in the Social Theme to nix the username pass on the main page and just have a login with facebook option. And also no signup (since if they click login with facebook it does signup anyway)

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey prowebpromo.

The first is how hard is it to add these other services (I'd prefer gool and also twitter... ).

We don't have anything at the moment for those services.

There are other plugins you could consider out there or you would need to look to hire a developer.

Otto has a Twitter auth plugin you could look at:

http://ottopress.com/wordpress-plugins/simple-twitter-connect/

The second is in the Social Theme to nix the username pass on the main page and just have a login with facebook option. And also no signup (since if they click login with facebook it does signup anyway)

How did it work when you turned off registration within the WordPress admin options?

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.