Multi-Subdomains Re: Multi Domains Plugin

Hi Everyone
Can I use the multi-domains plugin to create a multisite based on subdomains? and if so what is the best way of setting it up?

For example: I wish to allow blogs to be created under subdomain1.Mainsite.com, subdomain2.Mainsite.com etc...

I have set up some subdomains using the multi-domains plugin input fields and they are offered on the sign up page ..and blogs can be created under the subdomains.. so that looks promising.

However, I was expecting to find a blog at subdomain1.Mainsite.com and subdomain2.Mainsite.com. As I am not sure how to set up A names and C names under DNS I may have that wrong or maybe I am trying to do something that the plugin isn't designed for.

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi hucknallite,

We did not think about this possibility when designing the plugin, but I do not see any reason why this should not work.

I quickly tested and was able to create subdomain.subdomain1.mainsite.com

However, the plugin will not automatically create a blog at subdomain1.mainsite.com when you add it to the domain list.
    subdomain1.mainsite.com will redirect to mainsite.com if no blog has been created at this address. You will have to manually create one.

I have not done extensive testing on this. Let me know if you find any issue.

• hucknallite
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for that Ulrich. It all seems to work as you say. I can create all the subdomains I want to for customers to put their blogs under - but I do have to create a blog on the subdomain manually. Can't see any issues so far.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.