Multicountry sites (multilanguage & multi store db)

Hi guys!

What would you recommend for this scenario:

A website that needs to have country specific prices, stock (& stock management) and languages. i.e.: apple.com/ca/ comes in EN & FR, with CA currency; apple.com/ch comes in DE & FR: both country specific sites have their translations & currency, HOWEVER the content seems exactly the same across the sites.

We were thinking of translating a site using WPML into the several languages, however:

- How can we sync the content & products between the sites? is there a way of "pushing" over content (pages, posts, products, banners) from site A to site B (independent site / multisite), leaving the content as draft, then adjusting the currency, stock, price, links, etc and publish it on site B?

Thanks!

• Milan

Hello @M.,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Let's go bit by bit to answer your question well. :slight_smile:

What would you recommend for this scenario:

A website that needs to have country specific prices, stock (& stock management) and languages. i.e.: apple.com/ca/ comes in EN & FR, with CA currency; apple.com/ch comes in DE & FR: both country specific sites have their translations & currency, HOWEVER the content seems exactly the same across the sites.

Best option right now available for such requirement is WPML( You already answered it. :slight_smile: ). It can translate pages, posts, custom types, taxonomy, menus and even the theme’s texts. Furthermore every theme or plugin that uses WordPress API runs multilingual with WPML.

How can we sync the content & products between the sites? Is there a way of "pushing" over content (pages, posts, products, banners) from site A to site B, leaving the content as draft, then adjusting the currency, stock, price, links, etc and publish it on site B?

Our Multisite Content Copier plugin can let you copy posts, pages, users and even plugins across your WordPress Multisite network. But it won't satisfy your need of leaving content as draft and then adjust pricing and stocks. Your content must be unchanged. If you change your content you'll need to process same operation of copying site.

But if you are planing to make your site Multilingual WPML is best option as it will let you add translated version of your content as many times you want.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.