MultiDB Plugin Processing Problem

Hi,

I seem to be having a problem getting the move-blogs.php script to work.

I've created the 256 tables and performed all of the steps described in your installation guide. I uploaded the db.php and db-config.php files to the wp-content directory. I created the scripts directory under wp-content and uploaded the move-blogs.php script and attempted to execute the script.

I received the following error message:
DB Error, could not list tables
Make sure you configure your original table in the dbname variable at the top of the script!
MySQL Error: Access denied for user 'mobile_admin'@'localhost' to database 'mobile_wrdp1'

My move-blogs.php file contains the following db information:

///DB Settings
$dbname = "mobile_wrdp1"; //This is your current database
$blog_table_prefix = 'wp_'; //Prefix of your wpmu blog tables, most likely this won't need to be changed
$newdb_prefix = 'mobile_'; //This is the prefix of the db's you're moving your tables into - we assume they are all the same, if not, you're in trouble

Please help!

• aecnu

Greetings swtoolman,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings Neil,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

I am sure we resolved this and you are now zooming along with your Multi DB configuration after you gave me the login information to your site on the 23rd --> in which I entered your system and fixed it all up and included a summary of what the problem was and included an image which turned out to be a misconfiguration error.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.