Multidomain Signup Only Works On on Wp-Signup

Hello Guys,

Forgive me if there is a post covering this already, I searched the forums but could not find an exact solution.

I am having a strange issue with the multi-domains plugin. It works like a dream when I create websites from the /wp-signup.php public signup form, but when trying to add a new site in network admin, no luck.

Adding sites from the network admin location does not work:

/wp-admin/network/site-new.php

The site just redirects back to the dashboard, IF I choose one of the "multi-domains" when creating sites from the network admin. I can make websites at the "main" domain from the network admin area without issue.

When I signup from the public signup form, then it works and I can choose any of the "multi-domains" and the sites are setup and they work like a dream. I can successfully use all other aspects of the plugin and sites resolve properly at their intended domains.

I also use the domain mapping plugin and the "blog level registrations" (Andrew's I think) plugin and the site is running WP 3.2.

Has anyone had any similar troubles? would love to be able to create sites from my network admin on the "multi domains" and not have troubles.

Thank you very much for any tips, ideas, etc.....

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi monsterdevelopment,

That's a bit strange. I'll have to run through a good test of this but just to be sure I've understood you correctly, is it from the Network Admin > Sites section that you cannot create multi-domain sites or is it the user's Dashboard > My Sites area, or perhaps both?

You mentioned...

I can make websites at the "main" domain from the network admin area without issue.

So I wasn't quite sure if you meant that sites could indeed be created from the Network Admin page but not from the user's My Sites area.

Could you please clarify that?

Also, are you able to create sites from those areas with Multi-Domains deactivated or without specifying a multi-domain?

Thanks,
    David

• monsterdevelopment
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Sorry with all these domain features and plugins, it can get a little hard to explain... plus I kinda fudged up my first description so....

Let me try again... :slight_smile:

I can ONLY create websites on the "multi-site" domains if I do it from:

http://mywebsiteaddresshere.com/wp-signup.php

Then I can select a domain from the drop down that I want my site to be built on and when I submit, it works fine. I can choose ANY domain from the multi-domains drop down, INCLUDING the MAIN website address and it works, the site gets created everything is great and the site will resolve and runs fine, choosing any domain. So I know DNS is good. The multi-domains are working as intended and I can put sites on any of the multi-domains.

However, when I attempt to create a new website from Network Admin under sites:

http://mywebsiteaddresshere.com/wp-admin/network/site-new.php

I can ONLY create websites using the MAIN domain (http://mywebsiteaddresshere.com in this example). If I select any of the "multi-domains" from the drop down OTHER THAN the MAIN domain, then it won't create a website, it just redirects back to dashboard.

I hope that makes more sense, sorry for my confusing first post... was in a hurry and multitasking when I typed it.

• Siobhan
    • New Recruit

Hiya monster,

As there's been no activity on this thread for a while I'm going to assume that the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!
    Siobhan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.