Multilingual MarketPress product pages not shown

I’m developping a multilingual web site (WPML) with Market Press integrated with Appointment+.

My primary language is italian and my secondary language is english.

The store front-end is COMPLETLY UNSTABLE:

Take a look at the product page

http://staging1.adventurerooms.it/it/negozio/prodotti/magic-box/

You need username= adventurerooms, pw:adventurerooms2014

It correctly appears in the front end. BUT, if I go in the store setting, change the store style, and reload the product page, it shows a page not found.

To make it appear again I must go in the store setting, store url slugs, and saving again the slugs. Sometimes it fixes the problem, sometimes not.

This is blocking my development. Please help, as it appers a bug of some sort with slugs, permalink or something similar.

Kind regards

Antonio

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @antonio,

Hope you’re well today and thanks for the confirmation.

It correctly appears in the front end. BUT, if I go in the store setting, change the store style, and reload the product page, it shows a page not found.

Can you try re-saving your permalinks and then your store presentation settings once you have changed the store style and see if the page shows correctly then?

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Antonio
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Jack,

sorry for my late reply, I was out of town.

Yes, re-saving the permalinks makes the product page show correctly again.

So, this is what happens: in the store presentation setting I change the template and the product page is no more found. I re-save the permalink and the product page shows again correctly.

Kind regards

Antonio

• Antonio

Hello Michael,

yes, re-saving the permalinks after changing the market press template does the trick, as Jack suggested, but I don’t consider it as a definite answer.

Infact, saving the marketplace template should not cause this problem and there surely must be a bug somewhere that creates this conflict with permalinks.

Perhaps asking the main developer to take a look at the the issue would help in identifying the bug and remove it. I think it’s in our common interest.

Kind regards

Antonio

• Antonio

Hi Jack,

any news from Jonathan ?

Should I consider this behaviour normal and just remeber to re-save permalinks after changing the template ?

By the way, it does not seem normal to me. One functionality (changing the template) should not have any impact on the other (the permalinks which are not working correctly after changing the template).

Thanks

Antonio

• Antonio

Hi Jonathan,

sorry for my late reply.

I deactivated WPML Marketpress and the problem does no more occur.

Now … here we have a BIG problem: WPML is NO MORE SUPPORTED by WPML.

I asked them several times in the support forum, and they confirmed this position. The are fully committed to support Woo Commerce and they are no more willing to support WMPL. I received a confirmation directly from their CEO.

So, please … I now need to understand if I can continue developing my site using Market Press or switch to another product.

And to decide that I need to know if YOU are willing to support WPML Marketpress somehow, perhaps by supporting yourself the code.

I understand this is a management question, so please escalate the ticket.

The truth is actually Market Press is NOT WMPL supported any more.

Thanks for the info you will want to give me

• Jonathan
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey Antonio,

Thanks for the response and for letting us know about WPML. We’ll need to discuss this internally and figure out the best course of action. I’ll keep you posted on what we decide.

Thanks for your patience and for being a member!

• Antonio

Hi Jonathan, any news on this subject ?

I really need to understand if I can rely on marketpress beeing wpml compatible or I must switch to other ecommerce products, such as WooCommerce, which seems the only ufficially supported WPML ecommerce solution.

Thanks for your effort

Antonio

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @antonio, really sorry for the delay here!

It looks like you’ll have to switch to another e-commerce solution if you’re wanting WPML compatibility, there’s not much we can do now that they’ve dropped support for our plugin.

It’s unfortunate that this has come up, but, it is their decision in the end as to what products they’re wanting to support. :slight_frown:

While we can’t do anything more on this front, if there’s anything else you’re needing help with, please feel free to reach out to us.

Hope you have a great day today! :slight_smile:

Regards,

Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.