Multinetwork Buddypress issue on main network

I have a multi network install of wordpress with 4 networks. Each network has a community theme that is made for buddypress. The main netowrk and a second network do not have BP-Multinetork running and should be sharing the same set of groups, members, etc. However, the main network’s pages are experiencing redirect errors. “This page is redirecting in a way that will never complete.” This was previously working, but something broke it. Perhaps upgrading to 3.5? I don’t know. I know that I created many groups and members on the main network that no longer show due to the redirect error, timing out the connection; yet show on a second network when BP_multi-network is inactive.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Thomas,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

If it has started happened since you upgraded to the latest WordPress version, the most common cause is that the plugins you are using on the site are not compatible with WordPress 3.5

Can you please list the plugins you are using for Multisite Multinetwork management ?

Cheers, PC

• Thomas
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I am not sure it has happened since the upgrade. My multi netwowrk is fine. It is buddypress that is the issue. Let me explain again.

I have networks

A

B

C

D

Each has three sites. A storefront, and blog, a community

Network A’s community was running fine. We added groups, users, forums, etc. Blog B was sharing this buddypress with A because neither b nor A have BP-multi network running. Netwworks C and D have BP-Multinetwork running and have their own users, groups, forums, activity, etc.

Somewhere along the line Buddypress on “Network A” quit working alltogether. “This page is not redirecting properly” etc., when trying to open the members, groups, group-forum pages. HOWEVER, network B is still working fine with the same groups; so the problem is ISOLATED to network A’s Buddypress. This does not appear to be multinetwork issue, but a BP-multinetwork issue.

I am using:

(1) Networks for WordPress Version 1.1.3 | By David Dean | Visit plugin site

(2) BP-Multinetwork Version 1.0 | By Brajesh Singh | Visit plugin site (using on two of the networks and it is workign fine on those netoworks.

• Thomas
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Could this be related to a change in permalink structure? How would get back to the setup wizard for buddy press on that network site? If I could get it to go through that process? It might fix itself if it is permalink related?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Thomas,

Greetings and thanks for your post.

I tried to get my head around this one but failed to find out a reason on why this might be happening.

Could this be related to a change in permalink structure?

Its pretty much possible.

Here are a couple of threads on how to restart the installation wizard, you can give them a read.

http://buddypress.org/support/topic/how-to-restart-the-installation-wizard/

http://buddypress.org/support/topic/manually-access-installation-wizard/

Cheers, PC

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.