Multiple admin panels unique to member levels

I'm interested in creating multiple admin panels for members of my site.

I've established the levels using ProSites, and played with Easy Blogging, Menu Editor, and User Roll Editor, but I don't think any of those can help me create two different back-end experiences for my members, as they seem to be focused on editing THE admin panel ... not creating new admin panels and making those panels available to the member.

Am I going about this wrong?

Specifically, I'd like to move, add, and remove links from the admin sidebar depending on the user level. I don't want a free member seeing premium options, like "Coupons" and "Editorial Calendar".

Please point me in a direction if you're familiar with this. Thanks!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello there

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

In fact you can't create two admin panel. But you can control the menu items. As you are using Pro Sites, you can enable Premium Plugins add on to control plugins for each level.

"Coupons" and "Editorial Calendar" are created by any plugin? Or custom post type by your theme?

Please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Christopher Rice
    • The Incredible Code Injector

It's great for setting up the Admin view for each role on your WordPress site.

That's one of the plugins I've been testing -- are you using the advanced section to set the role required to access a particular menu item?

"Coupons" and "Editorial Calendar" are created by any plugin? Or custom post type by your theme?

Thanks for clarifying you can only have one admin panel.

I'm using WooCommerce, so the coupons is an included feature. Editorial Calendar is a stand-alone plugin.

Thanks for the help!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

If you are good at coding, I can give you an idea. You can use pro site condition to restrict access. Like:

if(!is_pro_site(BLOG_ID, LEVEL_ID)) {
        if($_REQUEST['page'] == 'YOUR QUERY STRING') {
           wp_die('You don't have permission to access this page');
           exit();
       }
    }

Please let me know if it works for you.

Cheers
    Ash

• Christopher Rice
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@faydra_deon

What I don't understand is how a use

User Role Editor definitely looks like the solution, however, I'm stuck on two aspects of it:

1. Once I set a specific role to a menu item, won't it still show up in the menu to every user? If clicked, won't it merely show a permissions error? I want it completely hidden.

2. The roles available in the selection drop-sown don't include the ProSites levels I've created ... not sure how ProSites is even involved at this point, as I'm using gravity forms for user / site registration and plan on implementing paypal considering the prosites design would easily turn off any potential customer due to its horrible style.

Any ideas?

So so lost.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.