Multiple BuddyPress user types/user fields…final attempt

I need to set up levels/roles for users on my site. When a user signs up, they need to be given an option to select which kind of profile they want to sign up for. Once they select the type of profile, it will then give them appropriate registration categories (which will show accordingly with their profile). For example: models need to have height, weight, eye color and so on…musicians need to have band name, location and other music related things for their profiles. Here is a screenshot of what I’m trying to accomplish:

http://mreant.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/signupMOCKUP.jpg

i don’t mind if the user has a very basic profile sign up initially. for example…the user signs up, and selects their profile type. then after activating their account, THEN they “edit” their profile and fill in the appropriate details for their profile type.

there must be fifty different ways of doing this…i could care less which way has to be done, i just need it done. i have seen plugins that claim to do this, and documentation online that is all old…nothing yet has seemed to work. i’ve been doing research on xprofiles and loops…but it’s all over my head…hence why i signed up for an account here. i know there is someone out there that knows how to do this…

thank you :slight_smile:

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Seems you have a duplicate post :slight_smile:

I will repost the answer from your other ticket here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/double-profile-pages

I can at least explain the reason the profile isn’t displaying for you. When BuddyPress is activated (even network activated on multisite) it’s only displayed on one location. Because you have it activated on the models sub-domain the links will only work on the subdomain and NOT at the site root.

BuddyPress doesn’t offer the ability to setup profile “types” at this point. You’ll need another plugin to add this. I’ve heard there are plugins for this but didn’t find anything useful yet in my searching. There’s a thread on buddypress.org with a possible solution here:

http://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/can-you-run-multiple-profile-loops-in-singleprofile-loop-php/?topic_page=2&num=15

Hope that helps a bit. It’s going to require custom development. BuddyPress is still a 1.x product and while it’s really good, it doesn’t have the ability to handle usage cases like this without some help.

If you were wanting someone to code this for you, you will need to consult a developer.

Thanks!

Kimberly

• gollumxcore
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I’m just wanting someone to show me / assist me in what I need to change or do to make this possible. If that’s not an option, I need someone to step up and say “I will do this for ______ amount”

I’ve been pretty straight forward with what I need…given screen shots and everything. I’m exhausted trying to find a solution…

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings gollumxcore,

Sorry for the delay here in a reply.

In this case as I read through your post it is certain that this is not an easy task and will indeed involve a lot of custom coding which is way beyond the scope of this forum.

However, you could see if there is a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.