Multiple child themes from 2011 theme

Multiple child themes from 2011 theme

1. If I want multiple child themes would I place each one below the other? Example:

2011 index.html

2011 classifieds

2011 Yellow pages

2. Or would I put them into a child theme folder? Example:

Child theme <<Folder and place all the child themes in it.

3. Or should I just copy all the files from 2011 and make all new complete themes and just update the files manually with each update release?

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Each child theme will have it’s own folder.

The only relationship you will create will be from Parent to child. Your multiple child themes will have no relationship to each other so they do not need to be grouped together.

Each child theme will be it’s own theme so it will need to be separate from the others. Each will have it’s own directory.

I would suggest sticking with the child theme method as you can easily loose track of the updates. Anything you can automate, esp if you want to make this many, is worth automating. :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Hi KimberlyL

That is what i was thinking until i read the following tutorial, so figured it would be better to ask.

***The Child Theme Stylesheet

So as the codex entry suggests, let’s create a new child theme called Twenty Eleven Orange. Start by creating a new directory in your themes folder right next to the twentyeleven directory and call it twentyeleven-orange. Note that both themes have to be installed side-by-side in order for your theme to work, since it will be using the template files from the original Twenty Eleven theme.***

Thanks KimberlyL

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.