Multiple Domain Setup, redirecting to primary

I have currently installed multi-domains and multi-sites with WordPress 3.8.1.

What I'm trying to accomplish, is this:

sub1.domain1.com - primary
sub2.domain1.com
sub1.domain2.com
sub1.demain3.com

I have these setup in multi-site and multi-domain, but they are all redirecting to the primary domain now. Do I need domain mapping to do this or can it be accomplished with multi-domain alone?

• Vaughan

Hi,

sub2.domain1.com shouldn't be mapping to primary domain. Have you actually created a new site within your multisite? if so, then sub2.domain1.com should be it's own site as it's the same domain.

How have you set up the domains? Have you configured the CNAMES correctly & the wildcard subdomains for your main domain?

Your main multisite does have to be the primary domain on the server & also have it's own dedicated IP.

Can you grant support access by going to Network Dashboard > wpmudev > support > support access

Thanks.

• Demco

I have not mapped anything at this point, I only have Mulit-Domains setup. I have this on an internal network at this point. My internal dns is setup, but not externally, so I can't show you it live. I will have to verify if we setup CNAMES for the internal dns.

I did not setup wildcard subdomains in my dns because I have domain1.com and http://www.domain.com pointing to our ecommerce server. I have a need to have 2 subdomains for domain1.com that point to Wordpress (hence the sub1.domain1.com and sub2.domain.com). Is that going to be a problem?

I want these 4 sites to each have their own unique site in wordpress. I have setup the sites in the MySites > Network Admin > Sites area. I've also setup the Settings > Multi-Domain area.

I've attached screenshots of these two screens.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.