Multiple Domains

Hello,

Looks like a great plugin.

So if I wanted users to be able to have more than one site, say up to 5 domains, I could set up 4 alternate domains and enable them to be able to do this? Say I wanted them to be able to have one domain for their main site and another for say a dedicated squeeze page, is this what this plugin would enable them to do?

If you could let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Matt

• Matt F
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Riyaku,

Thanks for posting a response but no it doesn't really answer my question.

Let me give you a for instance to explain my question further.

I have a site called simplpress.com

I want users to be able to potentially have up to 5 sites from one account.

Could I therefore register more domains such as simplpress2.com and simplpress3.com and so on and so forth and enable the users to use these domains for other sites and then use the domain mapping plugin to use custom urls for these sites?

Does this make sense?

• Han
    • The Crimson Coder

Could I therefore register more domains such as simplpress2.com and simplpress3.com and so on and so forth and enable the users to use these domains for other sites and then use the domain mapping plugin to use custom urls for these sites?
    > I believe this should be possible with multi domain plugin

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

Actually, that's not the case, no. If a user signs up and names their site "mysite" they can then choose from the domains you make available. I.e. simplpress.com OR simplpress2.com OR simplpress3.com

You cannnot have two different sites at mysite.simplpress.com and mysite.simplpress2.com

To achieve what you're asking for you'd need to either create multiple sites like so;
    - mysite.simplpress.com
    - mysite2.simplpress2.com

Or use domain mapping.

Thanks,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.