Multiple Email sent after csv file import

I installed subscribe by email and imported a csv file of current members from feedburner. All went well. Most of those users received multiple emails. I'm not sure how to fix this. My current settings are to send email in batches of 300 (1500 subscribers) starting at 1:00AM EST. I got 5 emails. 12:23, 12:25, 12:43, 1:07 and 1:20. Any suggestions on how to fix? Thanks.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Kelly,

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

Your server may have a block on the amount of emails that can be set within a set time period, are you on shared hosting, if you are, I'd recommend lowering the batch setting, maybe try for example 50. Who is your host? We may be able to find the limits somewhere online :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Kelly
    • Flash Drive

One other question. If I lower it to 50 and it sends in batches every 30 minutes, it will take more than 24 hours to send them all. That wont work for me because we send an email every 24 hours. Do I need to contact my host to get the limit increased?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Kelly,

Thanks for the additional information, I've taken a look around, but can't find anything out about their sending limits.

Would it be possible please to contact them and ask what the sending limit is per hour for emails?

Each new registration is missing an email sent to them? Or it's not actually sending it?

I'm here to help :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Kelly
    • Flash Drive

Thanks Jack, I've asked them to look into it and advise.

What happened is that I imported about 1500 existing subscribers from feedburner via csv.

After that was complete, I used the plugin from my site's homepage to register a new test email subscriber. It received the request to confirm and I completed it. Later that evening the test email only got 1 notification of a new post.

All the csv imported emails received 5-7 duplicates. I hope that clarifies?

• Kelly
    • Flash Drive

My host just replied. The maximum number of emails each domain can send out per hour is 1500, so there should not have been an issue with multiple email set at 300 per 30 minutes. It must be something to do with the import of the csv file?

• Kelly
    • Flash Drive

OK, today the manual subscribe also sent the email 5 times to my test email. (Even after I increased the quantity of emails to 700 per 30 minutes.) I've had to shut down the plugin because my member base is getting aggravated.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Kelly,

Thanks for the additional information, do you by any chance have access to your server logs? Would it be possible please if you do to send them to me please? To contact(at)wpmudev.org with the subject line Attn: Jack Kitterhing.

I'm also flagging the lead developer on this issue for you, thanks for your continued patience.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Kelly
    • Flash Drive

Just an FYI that I removed all subscribers yesterday except 2 of my own test emails. One was a manual add and the other was a sign up using the form on the home page. This morning I only got one email sent to each. I'm still not sure what is happening, but wanted to let you know the results.

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi @Kelly.

First of all, we released today a new version of the plugin so is better if you update it.

The problem here is that there were lots of emails duplicated and that's a plugin problem so I'm going to add an additional restriction in the next version ( I guess it will come very soon as this is a bug). Meanwhile you'll need to make sure that the csv does not have any duplicated emails.

Regards.
    Ignacio.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.