multiple events with marketpress

This thread is now 8 months old

and I like others see this as an expected requirement. I have multiple instructors teaching the same event at different locations. When can we expect this integration?
What is my work-around?

Mike

• Mike
    • The Incredible Code Injector

hey Jack- yes, so event in Dallas is product X date 12/9 thru 12/13
    event in Atlanta is product X date 1/5 thru 1/9.

Currently I cannot perform that link even though the dates don't over-lap.
    That option should be considered a standard function of an event manager.
    Having event tied to marketpress allows it be added to cart and use the MP gateway which has authorize.net. Companies are not going to tell their employees go sign up and employee has to use pay-pal.

Mike

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

In such integration, the very first step, and the one of utmost importance, is to make sure that established relationship between Events and Products works reliably in all instances. In order to make sure the products-events linking works reliably across events (and also recurring events instances), we're making sure that the product can only be associated with one event. As counterintuitive as it might seem, it actually makes sense to do it that way because different events will likely have different fares, or conditions, or similar. At the same time, this allows us both precise linking between events and their corresponding products, as well as greater flexibility for the end-users. If it helps, you can think of products associated with your events as a sort of "ticket" product for this event.

• Mike
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Vladislav- thanks for your response; sorry for the delay other pressing matters.
    While I see your point, in my case we are selling courses using the events+ as the registration vehicle. The course is the same product (shown via MarketPress) whether I am teaching it in Atlanta or Austin, so in my case your reasoning does not apply.
    The linkage purpose is for the client to read my course material and cut sheets and see that this course is for them.

I understand the back-end 1 to 1 relationship you describe between events and marketpress which tells me I have to find an alternative solution.

Mike

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.