Multiple Images for MarketPress Product Variations

Hello guys!

I hope you are doing great.

I am playing around with MarketPress before using it for my clients sites, and I have a couple of questions regarding product variations.

When we have a unique product, we can add multiple images for the product that get displayed as a slideshow. A product variation however seems to only accept one image per variation. Is this the only option? Or am I missing something to be able to add multiple images per variation?

Thank you for your help!

- CD

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Carlos

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

No you are not missing anything here. :slight_smile: We are not supporting multiple images for each variation. :slight_smile: You may need to hire developer to achieve your this requirement. Or you can use our Job Portal if you wish to. Just note that no official WPMU staff is involved in our Job Portal. :slight_smile:

Let me know how it goes. :slight_smile:
    Cheers,
    Milan

• donty
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Me too! I understand the limit of separating the images to apply to each variation but there are no other images we can add. Eg we have a single unique item and we can add lots of images if needed. If we then add a variant only the first picture of the original listing remains no other shots or image details can be shown. This feels more like a bug, an array that is not attached to the product data?

Keep running into oddities with MarketPress, then keep trying to fudge fix to keep loyal but things like this really get in the way.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there donty,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in!

This is indeed a feature that seems to be missing comparing with latest ecommerce trends, but still this is something that can't be done in MarkerPress out-of-the-box (that's why my colleague Milan mentioned the Jobs&Pros section) either is a bug though, as this should presume that variations could display multiple images per variation, which is not true.

If you're dealing with more issues please create an appropriate thread and we'll be more than happy to assist you! :slight_smile:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/how-to-open-a-support-ticket/

Have a good one,
    Dimitris

• donty
      • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Dimitris

No, not quite what I am saying :wink:

It was more that there is no option to apply more than one image to the product when it has variants at all. Not multiple images for each variant, just multiple images for the product itself, eg a phone from side, front and rear and then options for red, blue and green. Dont need images for side, front and rear for each variant just the product type.

At the moment if I have a single product I can add multiple images to show the product from all angles, as soon as I add a variant that original product image list is gone and just the first remains. It makes no sense to have a cart spec'd that way, why would the core product images be removed?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello donty!

I just reviewed our MarketPress again to make sure that we are on the same side. I can see what you are referring to and can confirm that in case of a product that has variations the only photos are those added to variations. Furthermore, by default the variation can only have a single ("featured") photo. The "regular" photos section goes away in that case. That's not a bug however but "by design".

There's a "kind of workaround": you can edit variations and add additional description which can be added using "HTML Markup" - using that option will turn on full featured WP editor and let you add additional images in variation's description.

I do agree though that the "regular" photos section could stay were it is with "no variations" product so I just put that idea in from of MarketPress developer for further consideration. I cannot promise anything or give any ETA but I made sure that it's been suggested to the developer and his team.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.