multiple issues: set cookies, order confirmation, SKU and others

1. The set cookies did not fix on the latest updates:
Warning: setcookie() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /home/mornin70/public_html/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/coursepress.php on line 1154

2. Confirmation email "from" using the admin email even though we have added the correct email to the message page

3. unique SKU still not working when we purchase a random number appears

Can we only allow paying students to create an account?

Vinod Dalvi

Hi @iBabko,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting on the forum.

Warning: setcookie() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /home/mornin70/public_html/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/coursepress.php on line 1154

Could you please tell me where you are getting this warning message and also check whether you have set wp debug to true in the wo-config.php file of your WordPress install?

2. Confirmation email "from" using the admin email even though we have added the correct email to the message page

Where exactly have you added the email id? Have you added the email id in CoursePress Pro Email Settings?

Which email id have you added there?

Make sure you have not selected the option "Automatically generate Stock Keeping Unit (SKU)" in the course "Step 6 - Enrollment & Course Cost" settings.

Do you mean you want to only allow students to create an account who are paid and enrolled in the course?

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

iBabko

Vinod

Could you please tell me where you are getting this warning message and also check whether you have set wp debug to true in the wo-config.php file of your WordPress install?

The debug is not on. This is the warning that the student gets on the confirmation page. The "Order Complete Page" and what is Displayed at the top of the page notifying customers of a successful order. HTML allowed. This has not changed and no update has fixed it. I had a person purchase the course and they sent me a screen capture and showed me they saw it too.

Where exactly have you added the email id? Have you added the email id in CoursePress Pro Email Settings?
    Which email id have you added there?

The email was created in Coursepress Pro. But I just noticed that in the store it says it is received and sent to this email. So I now have the answer. It is in the store not Coursesites.

Make sure you have not selected the option "Automatically generate Stock Keeping Unit (SKU)" in the course "Step 6 - Enrollment & Course Cost" settings.

Automatically generate Stock etc is not checked! Now what?

Do you mean you want to only allow students to create an account who are paid and enrolled in the course?

yes

Vinod Dalvi

Hi @iBabko,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

The debug is not on. This is the warning that the student gets on the confirmation page. The "Order Complete Page" and what is Displayed at the top of the page notifying customers of a successful order. HTML allowed. This has not changed and no update has fixed it. I had a person purchase the course and they sent me a screen capture and showed me they saw it too.

I could reproduce this warning message on the order confirmation page as displayed in the attached screenshot.

I have notified the developer to fix this warning message.

In the meanwhile you can fix it by editing the following code on line number 1232 or 1154 in the below CoursePress plugin file.

CoursePress plugin file :
    coursepress/coursepress.php

Before Editing:
    setcookie( $cookie_id, array() );

After Editing:
    setcookie( $cookie_id, '' );

Could you please tell me on which page you are getting SKU random number?

Are you facing this problem with all courses or any particular course?

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

yes

You will have to develop custom code to achieve this. If you are not a programmer then you can consider hiring a developer from https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/ to develop it for you.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi