Multiple Issues with Jobs & Experts

Hi, I am using a WPMUDE theme, but I keep experiencing multiple issues with your Jobs and Experts Plugin, despite which theme I am using.

Issue 1: The browse jobs page keeps saying "no jobs found" but there are jobs

Issue 2: The Add an Expert page looks jumbled and disorganized

Issue 3: When I try to edit a job on the "My Jobs" page, I get an error

Issue 4: when I try to edit an expert on the "My Experts" page, I get an error

Issue 5: How do you change the link on the icons? I would like for the icons to link to a specific page. Since I installed the plugin, they are linking to the wrong page(s) and I would like to change this.

Issue 6: What is the code for the search bar for either jobs and experts or both? I would like to be able to insert the search bar for either Jobs or Experts into random areas of the site

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi there, F. Zaria! How are you on this lovely November Saturday?

Let's do a quick plugin conflict test, if you don't mind? To do this, simply deactivate all plugins except Jobs & Experts. This is for issues 1-4.

For issue 5, I need just a few more details - you don't want the Jobs icon to link to the Jobs page, etc. correct? Where would you like the Jobs and Experts links to point to, if not to their respective pages?

Thanks, F. Zaria!

• FZCU
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I am well, thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

In regards to the issue, I want it to link to the page, but is not linking. I gave you access to the site in case you need it.I deactivated and reactivated the plugin(s) as directed, but nothing changed. I do not know what is going on

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, F. Zaria!

I think we can fix all these issues in one swoop.

On the settings page for Jobs & Experts, activate the Jobs and Experts Pages Add on. This will allow you to add the J&E shortcodes to standard WordPress pages, bypassing our virtual pages completely. This should make each of the issues you have above resolve themselves.

Hope this helps, fingers crossed!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.