Multiple issues with Membership 2

Hi,

I'm having multiple issues with this plugin as of recent. It has been working fine for a month or two and then it started sending out multiple invoices for one transaction to each client.

And then a few days later it started with more problems -

1) Users sign up but and are able to pay for a membership (Payment received in my paypal) and they are unable to access protected content. They get a pending status.

2) I then try to manually add it to there account from selecting there user profile then selecting an account. Upon clicking save changes it takes me to a blank white page.

3) When users are now signing up they are getting - a failed message saying try again.

Could you please help as i really like this plugin but if it persists then i will cancel and move onto something else which is not what i want to do at all!

I really hope you can help me and if you need access to my Wordpress admin area then please do ask!

Kind Regards

Loyal customer - Reece

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey Reece Carpenter, Michael here! :slight_smile:

I'm seeing that you've got the free version of Membership 2 installed, did you mean to revert to that? If not, I'd try switching back to the Pro version (you'd want to uninstall the version that's there now, and install the Pro version from our Dashboard plugin).

If that doesn't change things, then I'd like to ask:

#1: If you go into PayPal, and check out the IPN History here:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-ipns-history

Are there any Failed statuses there? Or do they all come up as Sent?

#2: What's the failure message you're seeing, could you post the exact error here, please?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Reece Carpenter
    • Flash Drive

Hi Micheal,

If I upgrade to the pro version will I loose all current members?

There are no failed payments they are all as sent.

So if I manually try to add an existing user membership I just get a white page.

If I make a member ship and then try to sign up like the customer I get. Please try again.

I have gave you access to Wordpress

Really hope this can be sorted ;(

Reece

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey Reece Carpenter,

If I upgrade to the pro version will I loose all current members?

Nope.

There are no failed payments they are all as sent.

Okay, that's good. :slight_smile:

So if I manually try to add an existing user membership I just get a white page.

If this still comes up after updating, then my questions on this would be:

- What would be an example of a user here?
    - If inside of your site's wp-config.php (you'll need to log into your site via FTP, click this for a guide on doing that), you were to change this:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

To this:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

And try editing the membership again, what errors come up, if any? If none come up, then you'll want to try inserting this into your site's wp-config.php as well:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

That'll create a debug.log file inside of your site's /wp-content folder. Please provide the log results after this is done.

If I make a member ship and then try to sign up like the customer I get. Please try again.

I'd also be curious to know if this is still a problem after updating, and also if a conflict test has been done, we've got a flowchart available over at the bottom of our Getting Support page over here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.