Multiple issues with SmartCrawl on my website

I have a news website http://www.ne***ng.site, which uses SmartCrawl and I am facing an issue of Internal Server Error, everytime I try to add a new post, edit a post, add meta data to SmartCrawl etc. Everything works fine with SmartCrawl deactivated. I ran a plugin conflict test and tried posting by having only SmartCrawl active, but faced the same problem. I swapped the theme out with TwentyFifteen and TwentySeventeen but still the problem persisted.

I enabled the debug log and found that Automatic Linking function could have been the reason behind this and when I tried to disable it I was unable to find an option to do so. I downgraded the plugin to 2.2.2.6 but still got the same problem on the site, though the Automatic Linking was disabled due to downgrade I think.

I am also unable to load the SiteMap configuration page.

Please get this sorted at the earliest as it is really affecting my site.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Swapnil

I'm sorry to hear about the issues.

I checked the site but we'll need to go into much more detailed investigation as it shouldn't be behaving this way. It's something specific to either the site or the server or the combination of both and we need to pinpoint it to be able to find a solution.

I see that this is quite big live site so it would be safer not to work on it. Would you be able to setup a staging site that we could use for further troubleshooting? Such a site should be an exact copy of the live one, preferably in some sub-folder or sub-domain (or under spare domain) and on the very same server/hosting account.

Once it's set, we'd need full access credentials and we could then investigate it in details to find out why this is happening and how to fix that.

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.