Multiple Managed Cloud Backups Possible?

I have been looking around and playing with the Snapshot Pro managed cloud backups but haven't found any answers or I am possibly really missing something.

On the destinations section if I click Add New behind Full Cloud Backups it takes me to the managed Backups sections but doesn't allow me to add any additional backups. It has my one full backup listed that is currently set to daily. Can I add another one so it does a full cloud backup monthly and possibly weekly if I want?

With that said I do notice when adding a regular snapshot under the backup interval there is managed backup processing and daily, weekly and monthly managed snapshot. I don't see these in the documentation at all and was hoping for some clarification.

• Rupok

Hi Scott,

Multiple Managed Cloud Backups Possible?

Yes, you can take more than one managed backup of your site from the managed backup section. Normally take a managed backup, and then click on "Backup Now" button again. It will take another managed backup for you. And you can set how many remote backups to be kept from the right column. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

On the destinations section if I click Add New behind Full Cloud Backups it takes me to the managed Backups sections but doesn't allow me to add any additional backups

This is really weird. Can you please make sure "Keep this many remote backups:" option is set to more than one? I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please confirm here when you are done granting Support Access. We will be glad to have a look.

Can I add another one so it does a full cloud backup monthly and possibly weekly if I want?

So you want to schedule two times for taking backup? Like one schedule with create managed backup weekly and another schedule will create managed backup monthly for the same site? I'm afraid this won't be possible. Please let us know if your plan is different. We will be glad to help.

With that said I do notice when adding a regular snapshot under the backup interval there is managed backup processing and daily, weekly and monthly managed snapshot

This is really weird. I don't see any managed backup processing and managed snapshot option. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Am I again missing something? I can really tell you better after watching this live on your site.

Please let us know when you are done with Support Access. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Scott

Rupok Thanks for all the information. I was indeed wondering about having 2 scheduled managed backups but with the answer of that being no it does answer most of the question since it isn't possible.

I was able to click the Backup Now and it produce another backup so that works.

The other thing was the backup interval options. Here is what I see.

I have enabled remote support if you still need it. This multisite install is just basically a personal testing grounds so it isn't a critical site.

• Nithin

Hi Scott,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I was indeed wondering about having 2 scheduled managed backups but with the answer of that being no it does answer most of the question since it isn't possible.

Managed backup will only take a full backup of your entire multisite. So you'll only have to make sure to set Keep this many remote backups: in order to have more than one full backup, and then you can click the Backup Now button to perform a manual full backup as you have done, or activate the Backups Schedule in order to perform automatic scheduled backups.

Does anyone have more information on these? An example of Once Daily vs Daily Managed Snapshot?

The only difference between both is the backup time, ie when we select Once Daily you can configure the scheduled backup time, on when the snapshot should run, so that the cron will be executed on the Start Backup time. On the other had with Daily Managed Snapshot there isn't any option to set the backup time, the time is decided by the plugin once you create a managed snapshot.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.