Multiple memberships are always in conflict

Ok. Something is not jumping out at me readily. I wanted this package specifically because it would handle multiple memberships for the same user. It specifies in the manual that one level's criteria is isolated from each of the other's.

I took that to mean that if I set two levels up, each with some similar content, and some unique content, that the software would make the distinction that if either of the two levels allowed access to a specific page, category or menu, that permission should actually be granted... access given.

But that isn't happening. If either level is disallowing access, then the software disallows access. But, it should be that if either one of his two levels allows access, he should be able to gain access.

I am probably missing something... it wouldn't be the first time :slight_smile:

Please fill me in. It's worse than chess!

Thanks,
Gary

• Gary

// not really any coding language, but it gets the point across.

{
    set view-access=false
    repeat for level1, level2, level5: (these are the levels purchase in this example)
    (x will be level1 for the first pass, level2 for the second, etc)
    for each level(x).category
    if level(x).category == current.category then set view-access=true
    end
    for each level(x).page
    if level(x).page == current.page then set view-access=true
    end
    for each level(x).menu
    if level(x).menu == current.menu then set view-access=true
    end
    (yada yada yada... you get it)

end repeat

return view-access()
    }

// for supporting multiple membership levels completely, it is necessary to grant access if any of the member levels match a selected page, menu, category, or whatever the 'element for access' is. It appears that the software is doing exactly the reverse. If any one item doesn't match then you aren't granting access. But if a user has paid for multiple levels, then he is entitled to gain access if any one of his purchased levels is a match.

// it seems like a bunch of '<>'s need to be changed to '=='s. I'll be your guinea pig if need be.

I'm guessing I might be missing some subtle intricacy, as it seems that all the membership packages are doing this same thing. But, I thought I'd throw this out there.

If this isn't the solution, then I hope you have one. I have programs that run for 10 days, 30 days and one year. the site has some items that are common to all three, and a lot of unique pages and categorized posts to each paid program. I can't use a series of upgrades as the levels are not incrementally inclusive of the next.

// i'm game to test code for you, if it'll get a product that I need sooner.

Thanks... Hope to hear from you soon...

Gary

• Gary

Negative rules in the visitor group that out rule all of the paid content .. pages and categories.

A level called RAWTEN with positive rules granting access to one page and all its pages under it, plus certain category names. ... a 30 day finite plan.

A level called SMOTEN with positive rules granting access to a second page and all pages under it, plus certain category names ... a 60 day finite plan.

A level call PREMIUM with positive rules granting access to a third page and all pages under it, plus certain category names .... a 1 year plan with yearly renewal.

In each of the paid plains I make sure to include all of the content that the visitors would have access to. .... pages and categories.

So if someone is joining the SMOTEN only, they will not have access to PREMIUM and RAWTEN.

So if someone is joining the RAWTEN only, they will not have access to SMOTEN and PREMIUM.

So if someone is joining the PREMIUM only, they will not have access to SMOTEN and RAWTEN.

The conflicts occur when someone signs up for more then one of the paid levels SMOTEN, RAWTEN or PREMIUM.

• Gary

Okay. I tried to simplify things dramatically. Now In all memberships accept for the PREMIUM, i have negative MORE. then in PREMIUM, i have positive MORE. I am using shortcodes for levels in all of the pages, and making the posts with the MORE tag a PREMIUM thing only.

I think I've conquered the mid-priced levels that are PAGE Oriented. They can be owned at the same time and co-exist peacefully.

HOWEVER, If I block the more tags from the lower levels and then someone subscribes to one of the lower levels and also the PREMIUM level, then the lower level wins and the more tag is blocked. This just is NOT practical. If ANY ONE of the paid-for levels has access to the MORE-TAGS then the system must grant access to the MORE-TAGS. It just simply must be this way. Is there any way we can work around this situation right now? I've spent so much time looking for this answer. I've been a programmer all my life. I don't get why it's designed to withhold access to a page, post, category, MORE tag... whatever... if it has been paid for in at least one of the subscriptions active for this user.

• Gary

Ok. Apparently some changes have occurred that make this seem quite usable. so much so that I turned off Paid Membership's Pro plugin and started working with this one again. As of yesterday, the combination of Access Level Rules that I had set up, seem to be working okay and supporting the multiple memberships. With any combination of memberships that a user selects, the protection is applied correctly. There is really only one issue that probably isn't too difficult to address. When I use the shortcode tags (ie, [not-level-the-raw-ten]), they are not addressed properly on a page. It appears that the [level-] tags are respected. However, the [not-level-] tags are not. So, for if I have a page displaying the [not-level-] information, and that user is not a member of that level, then the page is blank.

• Gary

To add another note. If I log in with a non-admin user account, these [not-level-] tags do not process and display, as I said. But, what might help to know, is that if I am logged in as an admin account, and I use the View As drop down and select a particular membership level, and then go to a page that has a [not-level-] tag for another level, not only does the data between the [not-level-] not display, but the admin bar stays blank white and never forms. Like there is an html syntax error.

• Gary

These attachments support the last post. the page source didn't upload, so here is the last few lines of the page-source....

58" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page menu-item-1058">Store
    <ul class="sub-menu">
    <li id="menu-item-99999999999" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page menu-item-99999999999">Products
    <li class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page menu-item-99999999999">Shopping Cart
    <li class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page menu-item-99999999999">Order Status

<li id="menu-item-1802" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page menu-item-1802">Forums

</div> </div>
    </div>

<div id="contentwrapper">
    <div id="content">
    <div class="post" id="post-12">
    <h2>Smoothie Challenge</h2>
    <div class="entry">

• Gary

Ok. the following page will fail to display anything to a user who is logged in, and is a member of any level, even a subscribed member to Visitor. If the user is logged in but not part of any group, the page displays as it should. If the user is not logged in, the page displays as it should.

When I'm in an admin account and use the View as... The page will not display anything and the admin bar goes blank, just white.

Here is the page:

[not-level-the-smoothie-challenge]

The Smoothie Challenge is a program <span style="color: #ff0000;">wherein you are supplied with a</span> smoothie recipe guide<span style="color: #ff0000;">.</span> <del><span style="color: #808080;">where y</span></del><span style="color: #ff0000;">Y</span>ou will drink a <del><span style="color: #808080;">new</span></del> <span style="color: #ff0000;">different</span> smoothie every day for thirty days. Making the transition to start drinking smoothies is a very important part of your journey to optimal health. Our clients who have had the most success are those who began integrating smoothies into their daily routine. Everyone notices a great improvement with their health once they start doing smoothies, and it isn’t a radical lifestyle change. It’s an easy way to get exposure to uncooked plant-based food.

Oftentimes, people resort to eating poorly because they feel rushed. Smoothies are your healthy solution to this problem. First, they take <span style="color: #ff0000;">very</span> little time. You <del><span style="color: #808080;">chop up food into little pieces, throw them into a blender, add some liquid, pour the smoothie into a glass, rinse out the blender,</span></del> <span style="color: #ff0000;">simply combine a few ingredients in a blender</span> and you’re done. They are so easy and yet they make such an impact on your health. Because they are uncooked they are full of the <span style="color: #ff0000;">unadulterated</span> constituents (minerals, vitamins and phytonutrients) that your body needs to be nourished. They also taste amazing. Smoothies are the perfect fast food.

Just think of the health benefits you will receive when you replace your poor food choices for a deliciously nutritious smoothie.

After you purchase the Smoothie Challenge, you will <del><span style="color: #808080;">be e-mailed</span></del> <span style="color: #ff0000;">receive an email containing</span> the Smoothie Challenge PDF<span style="color: #ff0000;">.</span> <span style="color: #ff0000;">You will also be</span> <del><span style="color: #808080;">and</span></del> given access to a forum where you can communicate with the Smoothie Challenge community<span style="color: #ff0000;">. You will be able to discuss</span> <del><span style="color: #808080;">with</span></del> your questions with other members. <del><span style="color: #808080;">suggestions</span></del>. <del><span style="color: #808080;">There is no expiry on these items.</span></del> <span style="color: #ff0000;">The Smoothie Challenge section will be available to you for 35 days. However, the downloaded guide will be your permanent reference.</span> In addition, because we know that beginning your lifestyle change can be difficult, we have included 35 days of private consultation with our<del><span style="color: #808080;">selves</span></del> <span style="color: #ff0000;">certified and knowledgeable coaches. You will be entitled to open five different issues for consult.</span> <del><span style="color: #808080;">from the date of purchase for your specific coaching needs (with a maximum of consultation on 5 different issues)</span></del>. <del><span style="color: #808080;">Please click here to learn more about who we are</span></del>. <span style="color: #ff0000;">Subscribe Below!</span> You are not alone on this journey!

We really want to help you transform your <del><span style="color: #808080;">diet</span></del> <span style="color: #ff0000;">lifestyle</span> <span style="color: #ff0000;">and have created this program to help up do just that</span>! <del><span style="color: #808080;">done what we believe the average person needs in order to make the lifestyle change that their health relies on.</span> </del> <span style="color: #0000ff;">[Editor's Note: I really think that we should only allow them to see a single day planner and not the guidelines.]</span> Click here to download a FREE sample of the Smoothie Challenge and the Smoothie Challenge Guidelines.

[subscriptiontitle subscription="3"]
    [subscriptiondetails subscription="3"]
    [subscriptionprice subscription="3"]
    [subscriptionbutton subscription="3"]

[/not-level-the-smoothie-challenge]
    [level-the-smoothie-challenge]
    Text for people already in the smoothie challenge goes here.
    [/level-the-smoothie-challenge]

• aristath

Hello again Gary,

If the adminbar is not displayed, there is probably a PHP fatal error in there somewhere that causes this.

Could you please set WP_DEBUG as true in your wp-config.php fila and try this again? You should see a "PHP fatal error" message in the pages where you were unable to get the adminbar.
    Can you please post these errors here so that we may try to get a closer look at this issue?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• Gary

Okay. I moved the installation to my webhost. So, I can give you access to it now. The web host server prints errors on the screen where it was hanging with that white admin bar before.

To review. There are three membership other than visitor.

Smoothie Challenge
    Raw Ten
    Library

Each has a page on the top menu.
    The pages are not protected as a page. They have tags in them.

If you choose admin view for Resource Library, and then go to either the Raw Ten page or Smoothie Challenge page you get this message:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wp_tpvt6t/eatinghealthysimply.com/wp-content/themes/delirium/header.php:2) in /home/wp_tpvt6t/eatinghealthysimply.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 896

The admin bar is white at this point. A non admin user gets the error message, but of course no Admin bar. :slight_smile:

If you need access to look at it let me know.

• Gary

Okay. The error message stopped occurring. However, There is a different action being taken for a non-admin user, and an admin user switching from visitor to the other memberships.

I tried this with 2014 theme just to be sure it was similar, and it was.

When a visitor is logged in, and they go to pages with shortcodes for the various levels, everything works properly.

However, if an admin is logged in as a visitor, the "protected content" page is displayed instead of the page with shortcodes.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.