Multiple Multisites with membership

Hi, Support.

I am thinking through some workflows and how I will better utilize this new membership I am apart of. So, forgive me if my question if a bit beginner-ish. :slight_smile:

Can you have multiple Multisite networks - Like, is there a way to differentiate them from one another?

Example:

I would like to have my clients sites (that I host) on one network and then my website design businesses on another network - would I have to get another membership in order to do so?

Thanks for your help,

-Ryan

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Ryan

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

would I have to get another membership in order to do so?

Do you mean if you need to buy membership plugin again? You can use the same membership plugin in as many sites as you want.

If not, would you please rephrase and explain again?

Cheers
    Ash

• Ryan
    • New Recruit

Ash,

How do I differentiate sites between multisite networks then?

Example is my own sites and my clients sites - some of the plugins post and email all sites within the multisite network - obviously I would like to keep my clients emails different from my business emails - just as one example.

Thanks,

-Ryan

• Ryan
    • New Recruit

Hi, Ash.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. We could be talking about multinetwork - I'm actually not sure what that entails yet as I'm new to this all.

More importantly, do you understand my question?

Say I want to keep the emails separate from my websites network and my client's websites network. They are on this WPMu account. My question is can I do that, or do I have to get another account? Or is this were multinetwork comes in?

Thanks!

-Ryan

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Ryan

It's always better to have separate multisite instead of multi network, multi network will bring lots of complexity and conflict.

I want to keep the emails separate from my websites network and my client's websites network. They are on this WPMu account.

Did you install the WPMU Dashboard plugin? If yes, only the super admin will have access the WPMU membership, only super admin can download plugins or themes etc.

When you say "I want to keep the emails separate from my websites network and my client's websites network" do you mean admin of one network won't be able to see emails from other network? What do you mean by "They are" on this WPMu account?

Cheers
    Ash

• Ryan
    • New Recruit

Ash,

That is what I mean - I want to keep the emails separate from my websites network and my client's websites network. And yes - the admin of one network won't be able to see emails from other networks.

Would I need another membership of WPMU then?

Thanks,

-Ryan

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Ryan

I have talked to 2 of my colleagues and the question is still confused, I am sorry :slight_frown:

First of all, there is nothing related to email with our WPNU membership.

What emails are you talking about? Do you mean the notification email from us? The notification email will be sent to only one email address that is registered here. So, it won't send email to any other admin but only you.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Ryan

In this case, multiple membership won't help at all. When you use the plugin you mentioned in the screenshot, it will always send email to every user in the entire network. You will need a completely separate multisite network.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.