Multiple pages - need to duplicate and edit

I have 30 project pages that need to all look the same with different copy.

How would I go about duplicating them but edit each one individually without changing the copy on the other pages?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Ryan,

I hope you're having a nice day and thank you for your question!

Just to make sure: we are talking here about pages ("Dashboard -> Pages -> All pages") of a single WP site, is that right?

There's a handy plugin called "Duplicate Post" that would let you do just that. With a single click you can duplicate any post or page so it becomes an exact copy of an original, including content. The copy however can be edited separately and changing its content won't affect original and other copies.

You'll find the plugin here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-post/

Here's an article on our blog about how it works:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/duplicate-wordpress-post-page/

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Ryan,

Duplicate Post plugin should work out of the box, activate it and clone page, without any additional settings.
    I just tested it on my installation and it copied content as well so it looks like there's something on your site conflicting with the plugin and causing this.

I would suggest performing conflict test by disabling your other plugins and switching to default WP theme to see if it works after that.

You could also try out this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-page/ to see if that one would work on your site.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• ryan
    • Flash Drive

Thank you for your quick response. I tried the duplicate plugins, they only work for pages that have come preset. For example, I set up this template page, but want to duplicate it. But when I use any of the duplicate plugins, it will duplicate it, but all formatting is lost. . Does duplicating a page work is I have a custom set up page?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the additional info and for attaching screenshot, that actually tells us what's going on.

Your content is not getting copied because of Upfront theme, using duplicator will copy only default page content, it can't pull UF elements since they are written differently in database because of the builder.

What you can do is use Upfront Builder plugin.

In your admin section go to Upfront > Builder and edit your current theme with Builder.

Click on Layouts and in popup select "Single Page" as layout, name your new layout and create it.

Now add your content and save your template and theme.

Exit UF Builder and start UF Editor, create new page and once it's created switch to templates and select your template from there.

You can now create multiple pages with this template and edit each one to make them look the way you want.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.