Multiple Pictures like Magento + Others

So... I love grid but I want to add to it and make more child themes.

the first requirement I am thinking about is the product information.

It has one picture?

How we get it so that it has multiple pictures?

also the zoom functionality is cool

Who fancies working together to come up with a plugin or a child theme with the ability for the products to have multiple themes?

I am dead set on creating 10 child themes from now until xmas for Frame Market because I love it so much.

so this may end up being an on going thread haha

ok so yes first requirements

- multiple pictures
- wrap txt along side product pictures
- zoom capabilities

hmm maybe it'll be a good idea to do what magento do?

Have the quick explanation wrapped with the pictures including the prices and then have the main info down the bottom

• bonmaklad
    • The Crimson Coder

Obviously copying Magento is naughty and I would never endorse that but taking influence and inspiration is another thing.

I have magento up and running on a few sites but tbh it's too complex and I think wordpress/marketpress can make clear what was once crowded.

so who is with me on the creation of 10 super child themes :slight_smile:

then we will ask James nicely to sell our child themes as an addition to wpmudev *whistles*

• Ella
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi @bonmaklad,

Ok.. I want also a lot of more functionality, but i also want a very stable and reliable shopping cart. Was trying a lot of other carts (with a lot of frustrations)and since July 2012 I'm using Marketpress. For me, .... I adore Marketpress (with all restrictions)

For me it is still a tool to sell my products and not a technical toy to see what you can do with it.

also see this https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/make-marketpress-better

Ella

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bonmaklad and Ella,

Thank you both for your valuable input, it is certainly appreciated.

@Ella Whoa there I think there is a miscommunication going on there, bonmaklad was talking about just making themes for Market Press and not tinkering with Market Press.

@bonmaklad I am sure a lot of people would appreciate more themes for Market Press though I indeed have a few for it that I have collected, I think 4 to be exact but not comparable to the task that you are proposing.

I will let this ticket ride for awhile to see what kind of community input we can muster concerning this topic.

Cheers, Joe

• bonmaklad
    • The Crimson Coder

@ella no harm done :slight_smile:

@aecnu thanks, lets see if we have anyone jump on board :slight_smile:

looking at framemarket, I think it should be easier then it looks to obtain some killer ecommerce child themes.

I shall mosie along and post my progress (have a baby due next month so must be careful with time) none the less :slight_smile:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Greetings of the day.

I was doing a regular followup today and found that we missed your last post on this one.

Are you still seeking support on this one ? Please let us know so that we can take it further and assist you on the same :slight_smile:

Thanks for being a great community member !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bonmaklad,

Just touching base with you to bring to your attention that the system indicates that you are six versions behind in updates to this theme.

In regards to multiple images, Espen has seemed to come up with the coding to add multiple images to Market Press as demonstrated here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/importing-marketpress-images

As you will see there I have indeed pinged him about the progress he has made with his custom coding.

Please update at your earliest convenience.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bonmaklad,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.